Web & Social Media Archivist, National Museum of American History
|Published||April 7, 2023|
|Location||Washington, DC, United States of America|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||$78,592|
|Maximum Compensation in Local Currency||$102,166|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
|Pay Grade||GS-11 / GS-12|
The Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History empowers people to create a just and compassionate future by exploring, preserving, and sharing the complexity of our past. This is a specialist archivist position that will focus on establishing a new digital collection documenting the experiences of American women, through web and social media archiving.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develops a documentation strategy and initial scope for a new web and social media digital archive that embraces the complexities and first-person perspectives of American women.
- Convenes and coordinates subject specialists at NMAH, other units at the Smithsonian, and external partners to define collecting areas and identify potential collecting opportunities.
- Identifies and applies digital archiving tools and technologies to capture, manage and preserve web-based collections.
- Collaborates with staff across the museum and the Smithsonian to establish methodologies, policies and workflows for the collection, management, preservation of and access to web and social media content.
- Organizes, contextualizes and describes digital records, bringing logical order to the material and making it usable by and accessible to scholars, researchers and NMAH staff.
This position is Term Federal NTE 4 years, GS-11 with promotion potential to GS-12.