|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||April 2, 2018|
The University of Houston Libraries is seeking a talented individual to work on its Samvera based digital repository. You will work with an agile team to develop, maintain, and integrate a wide range of tools within our Digital Asset Management Ecosystem. We are a highly motivated and focused team that strives for innovation and success.
You will provide expertise in web development using Ruby on Rails, Web best practices, and Web accessibility standards. You will collaborate with other developers to research, evaluate, and recommend new web technologies for future implementation. This position reports to the Lead Repository Developer.
To learn more about the University of Houston Libraries please visit: https://libraries.uh.edu/about/employment/
- Provides expertise in web design and accessibility
- Executes procedures and standards for accessibility, quality assurance, and scalability
- Collaborates with developers within the agile team and external communities
- Researches, evaluates and recommends new web technologies for use within the DAMS project and the Libraries
- Works closely with an agile team to set priorities and establish tasks
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university and/or advanced degree that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
- Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience
- Experience developing software stacks using Ruby on Rails
- Experience generating and maintaining documentation
- Familiarity with cross platform compatibility and accessibility testing
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to think creatively and balance priorities in an agile environment
- Experience analyzing, testing, and optimizing web content to improve user experience
- Experience with web-based library systems such as discovery tools, digital libraries systems or institutional repositories
- Experience maintaining software code using Git
- Familiarity with developing in software stacks such as: Solr, Fedora4, and Hyrax
- Advanced degree that is directly related to the job duties and requirements