|Location||3000 Old Main Hill, Logan, UT|
|Date Posted||April 29, 2021|
|Apply Here||https://careers-usu.icims.com/jobs/3464/usu-eastern-assistant-librarian- %28open-educational-resources-%26-outreach%29/job|
|Education Requirements||ALA- accredited MLS degree before start date|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||$48,000/year, plus excellent benefits|
|Maximum Compensation in Local Currency||$48,000/year, plus excellent benefits|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
Utah State University (USU) Libraries seeks a creative and student-oriented librarian to join the Digital Initiatives (DI) unit as a 12-month, tenure-track, faculty appointment with rank of Assistant Librarian. This position is located on the USU Eastern Campus in Price, Utah. The Open Educational Resources (OER) & Outreach Librarian contributes to a robust and thriving OER program at USU Libraries serving Logan and the Statewide campuses and particularly the students and faculty at USU Eastern. The OER & Outreach Librarian works closely with the OER Team (a full-time coordinator and two part time student program assistants) in Logan and other campus partners to identify, create, adapt, and adopt open and affordable content at the course and program level.
This is a highly collaborative role integrating across numerous departments. Working closely with USU Eastern’s Library and Learning Commons (LLC) team, this position also supports the Public Service and assessment initiatives of the LLC and will facilitate information and resource sharing between the LLC and the Merrill-Cazier Library in Logan. The OER & Outreach Librarian collaborates with the First Year Experience Librarian to support information literacy instruction for the students and faculty at USU Eastern as well as outreach to concurrent enrollment students.
We are seeking applicants who welcome a dynamic, collaborative environment and wish to have a strong impact on the evolving learning, teaching, and research needs of the USU community. USU Libraries is dedicated to promoting an environment of diversity and excellence throughout the USU community. The position reports to the Head of Digital Initiatives at the Logan campus with input from the Director of Operations at USU Eastern. The anticipated start date is July 1, 2021.
- Contribute to the leadership, vision, and support for USU’s OER initiatives in collaboration with Logan, Statewide campuses, and other
- Guide faculty in the discovery, creation, dissemination, identification, adoption, and assessment of open and affordable course
- Provide information literacy instruction for English composition courses for both on campus and online classes at USU Eastern, including concurrent enrollment
- Explore and develop new programming and outreach opportunities to support USU Eastern students in collaboration with the LLC stakeholders.
- Assess LLC collections, services, and overall information literacy needs of USU Eastern faculty and students and collaborate with USU librarians to meet the needs
- Liaise with other USU Eastern, Logan, and Statewide campus offices supporting OER
- Participate in professional development opportunities relevant to the needs of the
- ALA- accredited MLS degree before start date;
- Knowledge of best practices when working with open and affordable course content;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills;
- Ability to work independently and initiate needs-based projects with little guidance;
- Ability to collaborate and develop collegial working relationships;
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills with a willingness to experiment with new methods and technologies;
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing needs, assignments and environments;
- Ability to meet the university’s requirements for promotion and tenure, including excellence in librarianship and effective scholarly output and service to the university and profession;
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting, respecting, and embracing diverse backgrounds, values, and points of
- Experience in an academic or research library;
- Familiarity with current trends in accessibility, copyright, and open access as they related to course content
- Knowledge of best practices and current trends in information literacy education and effective teaching methods;
- Familiarity with applying emerging technologies for both information and instructional services and OER creation
Opportunity Type: Full-time w/benefits package
Advertised Salary: $48,000/year, plus excellent benefits, including an additional annual retirement contribution of 14.2% of salary.
Required Documents Cover Letter, Resume/CV, 3 References For additional information or to apply for the position:
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health and Dental insurance coverage for the whole family
- 2% of annual earnings are deposited into a 401(a) account, no matching required
- 22 days per year of paid annual leave
- 12 days per year of paid sick leave
- 12 paid holidays per year
- Free access to an on-campus exercise facility for both employee and family
- Opportunity for 50% off tuition for both employee and immediate family members
- Substantial, individual, equipment budget, refreshed every three years, to purchase hardware and tools of your choosing to do your job well
- Ongoing training and funds to attend seminars, conferences,
Review of applications will begin on April 26th and the position will remain open until filled.
Update: The search committee has begun its review process, but applicants are still encouraged to apply.
Please address each of the required and preferred qualifications in your letter as fully as possible using evidence from your educational or workplace experience as appropriate.
The anticipated start date is July 1, 2021.
Notice of Non-discrimination
In its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Utah State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state, or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or USU’s non-discrimination policies:
Title IX Coordinator Hilary Renshaw, email@example.com, Old Main Rm. 161, 435-797-1266.
For further information regarding non-discrimination, please visithttps://equity.usu.edu/, or contact:
U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 800-421- 3481, OCR@ed.gov
U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, 303-844-5695, OCR.Denver@ed.gov