|Location||Ann Arbor, Michigan|
|Date Posted||November 11, 2021|
|Education Requirements||Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||$52,000.00|
|Maximum Compensation in Local Currency||$56,000.00|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
As the User Support Specialist, you will manage HathiTrust Digital Library user services, coordinating the workflows, documentation, and activities of the team of volunteers that provides worldwide user support and quality response for all of our services. You will contribute to our team by supporting our organizational goals to promote equity and continue our legacy of high-quality, innovative services supporting one of the largest digital libraries in the world. This is a 3 year term-limited position reporting to the Collections and Access Lead. The User Support Specialist is an employee of the University of Michigan and operates within the rules and policies of the University of Michigan. The position is based in Ann Arbor, MI but remote work will be considered. Terms may be renewed at the end of the three-year period.
- Lead our User Support team, coordinate the work of all members, and trouble-shoot escalated end-user issues.
- Use your customer service skills to respond to a high volume of user inquiries using a help desk ticketing system.
- Recruit, train and motivate volunteers who are geographically dispersed.
- Develop and improve the User Support Team knowledge base, training materials, operational procedures, and general documentation.
- Coordinate user support sub-groups addressing metadata and object quality.
- Collect data and prepare reports on the usage of user support services.
- Recommend improvements to the current operating model and support services that promote equity.
- Support member libraries by responding to requests in areas such as: building customized collections, providing access to and training in usage analytics, and responding to requests for copies or images.
- Promote and explain our services by developing website content.
- Train users and members on our applications.
- Take on special assignments related to our digital collection and its use, such as quality remediation, or responses related to content issues.