|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||March 30, 2018|
User Experience User Interface (UX/UI) Designer/Developer
The User Experience User Interface (UX/UI) Designer joins a team of talented UX staff in contributing to the Library's goal of being a central and responsive partner in the research, teaching, and learning priorities of the University of Virginia at a time of exciting improvements in Library spaces, technology, and services.
The UX/UI Designer/Developer creates engaging front-end web and digital interfaces that are informed by user experience research and data in order to help people discover and use Library resources and services. This position works within a team of UX researchers, software developers, and content experts, and collaborates with other Library staff stakeholders and end users to design, test, and implement effective interfaces across multiple platforms that support the Library's mission and goals.
Reporting to the Library's Director of User Experience and with guidance from the Senior UX Designer, this position produces wireframes, prototypes, mock-ups, user flows, personas, and other materials for user testing and development. The UX/UI Designer/Developer ensures compliance with branding, accessibility, and usability best practices and standards in support of consistent, inclusive, and pleasant experiences for all Library users.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS, Computer Engineering, or related discipline. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of one year of job related experience.
- Ability and desire to work collaboratively and productively in cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional design skills, production value, and attention to detail.
- Some demonstrated knowledge of front-end web development programming languages including HTML5 and CSS.
- Experience using content management systems (Drupal preferred).
- Experience applying design templates and adhering to brand standards.
- Ability to create wireframes as well as visual design comps and prototypes using software such as Axure.
- Understanding of responsive design, interaction design, and web and mobile app development.
- Ability to work with self-initiative to gather requirements and manage multiple projects on-time under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of accessibility standards including WCAG 2.0 AA and ADA Section 508 compliance.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills to convey technical guidance and information to users and to provide excellent customer service.
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Prototyping software (Axure or similar), GitHub.
- 3 or more years of user interface design/development experience.
- Demonstrated success working as part of a team and managing stakeholder relationships.
- Knowledge of or experience with atomic design and progressive web applications.
Applicants must apply through the University of Virginia online employment website at https://jobs.virginia.edu/. Search by posting number 0622775, complete the application, and attach a cover letter and resume with contact information for three professional references.
For assistance with this process contact Charlotte Albright, UVA Human Resources Business Partner, at (434) 243-3509 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.