|Date Posted||May 14, 2018|
Concordia Library invites applications for the position of Technology Analyst who has primary responsibility for providing coordination and support to the Library’s technology spaces such as the Visualization Studio, the Technology Sandbox and other digital learning environments; as well as assisting students, faculty and colleagues in the use of these spaces for research, teaching and learning. The Technology Analyst also participates in the development, implementation and coordination of the Library’s technology program such as information visualization, open data, digital media, makerspace, digital signage, and wayfinding.
- Provide coordination and support to the Library’s technology spaces such as the Visualization Studio, the Technology Sandbox and other digital learning environments; assist students, faculty and colleagues in the use of these spaces for research, teaching and learning.
- Provide support and participate in the development, implementation and coordination of the Library’s technology program such as, open data, digital media, digital signage and wayfinding.
- Participate in the design, development and implementation of visualization resources and services; research, recommend and implement technologies for information and data visualization.
- Provide support and workshops to faculty, students and colleagues in the use of information visualization and digital media.
- Participate in managing the visualization studio’s reservation requests and users accreditation process
- Implement technical projects of varying scale under minimal supervision; demonstrate initiative in solving unexpected problems associated with projects and daily work.
- Coordinate routine maintenance needs performed by technicians, maintenance requiring routine assistance, and maintenance requiring outside vendor; interact with hardware and software vendors as appropriate to solve problems.
- Act as a backup to other technology analysts.
- Participate in library planning, serve on library-wide committees and working groups.
- Identify trends and make suggestions for technical modifications to solve existing and anticipate future problems.
- Research, recommend and implement appropriate technology upgrades and new purchases, perform sourcing and purchasing.
- Conduct tours for visitors and collaborators internal and external to Concordia.
- Recommend the most appropriate methodology for delivering equipment demonstrations and other technical training sessions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, statistical sciences, digital media or in a field related to the position area and one to two years of experience in the areas of audiovisual technology and information/data visualization.
- Experience with data collection, manipulation, and analysis; demonstrated ability to develop visualizations using software such as WolframAlpha, Tableau, Excel, timeline and mapping software.
- Experience with visualization programming (e.g., Processing, R, D3. js).
- Knowledge of VR technologies and VR content creation.
- Familiarity with digital media, graphics software and hardware.
- Familiarity with interactive gesture and touch technologies.
- Ability to develop and provide instruction (leading workshops).
- Ability to effectively communicate advanced technical information to a wide range of skill levels, from beginner to advanced.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, professionalism and maturity in order to excel in a team oriented, project based work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and to establish and maintain effective and positive relationships with colleagues, faculty, staff and students.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Quick thinker with the ability to resolve unexpected problems associated with projects and daily work.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and adapt to rapid change.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English. Basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken French, an asset.About the University and the LibraryConcordia University located in Montreal is one of Canada’s most dynamic universities in one of North America’s most livable cities. It reflects a unique blend of commitments to diversity, accessibility, social responsibility, and innovation. With over 45,000 students (7,439 international) and over 2,000 full-time and part-time professors, Concordia is recognized for offering a rich academic experience combined with strong community engagement.Concordia University Library provides technology, collections and services fundamental to academic success, creation, the advancement of knowledge, and lifelong learning. With a team of 120 librarians, professionals and support staff who put student and faculty success at the centre of their practice, the Library collaborates to achieve the goals outlined in our strategic plan and in the University’s strategic framework and directions. For more information about the services and operations of the Library, see http://library.concordia.ca/.
- Please send your curriculum vitae with a covering letter (one document, PDF or WORD) by May 25, 2018 to email@example.com. The name of the document: Last name, First Name. The subject line of the email should be the position number: P1893.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Salary $60,610.55 - $ 72,396.19 per annum
Union CUPEU Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.