|Location||San Francisco, CA or Remote, United States|
|Date Posted||January 11, 2019|
Archive-It is a web archiving service first launched in 2006 that enables our 600+ library and archives partners to capture, manage, preserve, and provide access to the highest quality content from the web. We are looking for a resourceful and collaborative individual with a user-facing focus to join our team and help support and grow the service. You can find out more about the service at https://archive-it.org/.
The Technical Support Specialist is a front-line contact for partners who use Archive-It and has responsibility for interacting with partners, supporting their work archiving the web, and improving the service. The role is responsible for fielding and managing technical questions and working with the Archive-It program team. The role also focuses on internal projects, including contributing to feature requirements and internal and external testing, user and technical documentation, training and tutorials.
- Work to resolve technical support issues, via an online ticketing system. Assist partners in troubleshooting issues and maintaining the quality of archived collections of websites and of the Archive-It service.
- Work directly with the program team and engineers on Archive-It application improvements including user testing, documentation, and project management.
- Onboarding new Archive-It partners including conducting webinars, trainings, and managing web application configuration and maintenance.
- Participate in special projects as directed, such as research, reporting, streamlining systems and processes, and multi-institutional collaborations.
Qualification and Skills:
- Two years product support, technical support and/or public-facing user support in a high-volume setting is strongly preferred.
- User experience testing and/or design experience is preferred.
- Comfortable learning new tools and working with engineers and remote staff.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects, deadlines, and responsibilities.
- Ability to work in and enjoy a loosely-structured, creative work environment.
- Flexibility, a sense of humor, and inquisitive spirit are appreciated.
References must be made available upon request.
Reporting Structure: This role reports to the Senior Program Manager, Web Archiving and works closely with program and engineering staff in Web Archiving Group.
Benefits & Perks:
The Internet Archive provides a comprehensive benefits package including; PTO, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, FSA, commuter, STD, LTD, 403B/Roth accounts and Friday lunches at IA HQ.
Internet Archive is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/L/G/B/T and will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Ordinance.