|Date Posted||May 8, 2019|
Systematic Review Librarian
- Actual salary will reflect selected professional’s experience and credentials
- Minimum salary at the Assistant In rank is $54,000
- Minimum salary at the Associate In rank is $62,500
Requisition #: 46498
DEADLINE DATE: June 14, 2019 - review of applications will begin on May 24, 2019
PLEASE NOTE: This is a time-limited position with an anticipated duration of three years. The position may be extended depending on funding.
Be part of a team with a mission to accelerate the translation of scientific discoveries and the implementation of evidence-based best practice for the purpose of improving human health. The Systematic Review Librarian is a team-oriented position engaged in interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary transformative collaboration. The position works closely with the Systematic Review Service Director in a dynamic environment to develop, manage, and promote the University’s new Systematic Review Service program, in partnership with colleagues from the Health Science Center Libraries (HSCL) and the Clinical & Translational Science Institute (CTSI) at the University of Florida. The Systematic Review Librarian provides guidelines-based support and consultations for systematic reviews and other evidence synthesis projects from protocol development to publication, using a variety of tools and methods for searching evidence, documenting and managing data for synthesis, and reporting findings. This position also provides instruction and training on systematic reviews and other forms of evidence synthesis to students, faculty, and staff. Actively engaging in outreach to potential collaborators is a key aspect of this position. The Systematic Review Librarian is a year-round (12 month) non-tenure track library faculty position expected to pursue professional development opportunities, including research, publication, and professional service activities in order to meet library-wide criteria for promotion. Both early career and accomplished experts are encouraged to apply.
The Libraries are committed to a culture of transformative collaboration and as such the Systematic Review Librarian will serve on various committees and teams and have opportunities to participate in reaching management decisions. To support all students and faculty, and foster excellence in a diverse and collaborative society, the Libraries are actively seeking candidates who bring culturally-rich lived experiences to work with individuals of diverse backgrounds, experiences, races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientation, and perspectives.
- Partners in the development of the service model, approach, and evaluation of UF’s new Systematic Review Service in partnership with HSCL and CTSI
- Develops collaborative partnerships with researchers through consultations and participation as a methodological expert on evidence syntheses for grants and other projects
- Actively promotes evidence synthesis across campus through promotion, outreach, and instruction
- Collaborates with library faculty and other campus methodological experts to integrate additional services and supports into projects
- Develops and provides training opportunities, including online asynchronous learning modules and tutorials, course-based instruction, events, panels, workshops, and online guides
- Investigates and integrates software and tools for putting evidence synthesis into practice
- Engages in continuous learning and improvement to maintain best practices, innovate new methods, and stay alert to new and emerging trends in evidence synthesis
- Performs scholarly research and provides service at the institutional and professional levels as related to assignment and in accordance with promotion criteria
To apply, submit
- a cover letter detailing your interest in and qualifications for this position
- a written statement describing the importance of librarians’ core skills and competencies in the delivery of quality systematic reviews (250 words)
- your current resume or CV
- a list of three references including their contact information (telephone number and email address)
Apply by June 14 (applications will be reviewed beginning May 24, 2019). Submit all application materials through the Jobs at UF online application system at Requisition 46498. Failure to submit the required documents may result in the application not being considered. If you have any questions or concerns about this process please contact Bonnie Smith, George A. Smathers Libraries Human Resources Office, at firstname.lastname@example.org.