|Date Posted||November 22, 2019|
Reporting to the Associate University Librarian for Academic Services, the STEM and Data Education Librarian will provide leadership in establishing partnerships and services that facilitate meaningful user engagement.
The Librarian will provide education, support, and collection development for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) resources, data discovery, and management of data, including data management planning, data sharing, and long-term data stewardship.
The Librarian will support undergraduate and graduate academic programs, as well as high impact research initiatives in Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Mathematics, Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Neuroscience & Behavior, Physics, and the IDEAS program (Integrated Design, Engineering & Applied Sciences).
- Work with STEM departments and programs to align collections, instruction, reference, and research support with the evolving needs of students and faculty
- Provide in-person and online library instruction, and offer general reference and research support
- Provide support, advisement, and instruction in research data management best practices
- Collaborate with library and campus colleagues on initiatives that support the success of Wesleyan students and faculty
- Engage with members of the Wesleyan community and beyond to share information and identify opportunities for complementary or interconnected services
- Maintain current knowledge of trends and changes in academic public services
- Engage with professional organizations to learn and share knowledge
- Perform additional duties as assigned