|Date Posted||September 14, 2018|
Come help the California Digital Library create the library of the future!
Who we are
We are a team of software engineers and librarian/analysts using the best ideas in software engineering to write software for the University of California’s libraries, the HathiTrust’s 16 million volume digital library and the WEST consortium of major academic libraries.
What we do
We work primarily in Java/Spring, Python and Ruby/Sinatra with MySQL databases on AWS. We are eager to learn more about machine learning (TensorFlow, etc.), statistical and visualization software (Scikit, etc.), Spark, Jupyter Notebooks and other new technologies. We work hard to employ software engineering best practices including agile, test driven development, design patterns, user driven design, etc.
Who you are
This is a great job for a software engineer who has a real interest in software engineering best practices; has the ability to independently learn and investigate new ideas; and has a strong team orientation.
Specific skills you need include:
- Good knowledge of one or more object oriented languages (Java, Python, Ruby, etc.).
- Good knowledge of object oriented design and design patterns.
- Good knowledge of relational database design and SQL.
- Experience developing unit and integration tests.
- Enthusiasm for working in an agile environment.
If you have these skills, we are very interested in talking with you about joining our smart, fun, friendly, diverse and dynamic team.