|Published||August 12, 2022|
|Location||Oakland, CA, California|
|Education Requirements||Bachelors Degree|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||$120,000|
|Maximum Compensation in Local Currency||$130,000|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
The UC Curation Center (UC3) at the California Digital Library (CDL) is looking to grow our team of developers with an experienced full-stack Senior Software Developer interested in shaping the future of connected research outputs.
This position will lead development for the EZID (Python/Django) service and provide development support for the Research Organization Registry (ROR) to ensure the future discoverability, citability, and long-term stewardship of data and other scholarly outputs. This is an exciting opportunity to play a critical role in developing identifier services contributing to the open science infrastructure.
- Work closely with the product manager to lead the development of EZID, a service to create and manage persistent identifiers
- Work closely with the product manager to support the development of ROR and other identifier projects
- Collaborate with UC3 DevOps administrator and CDL Infrastructure staff to determine and implement effective utilization of AWS cloud service provisioning, configuration management, managed deployment, release management, and system monitoring
- Be an individual contributor with a team-oriented mindset to share information, processes, best practices, and liaison with technical leads and product managers of other CDL services
- Contribute to global identifier initializes engaging in cross-organizational collaboration projects such as Crossref, ROR, and the ARK Alliance
- Engage in technical implementations and integrations with the growing community of persistent identifier advocates
- Advanced skills associated with software design, modification, implementation, and deployment of web applications.
- Experience using Python/Django or Ruby/Rails in the development and enhancement of complex online information systems.
- Demonstrated skill with relational databases (MySQL); able to design and modify the database schema.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Skills to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated skill in providing advanced support to technical and non-technical colleagues
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area and/or equivalent experience/training and a minimum of 5 years experience in software development
The California Digital Library (CDL) supports the education, research, and public service mission of the University of California, in partnership with the ten campus University of California Libraries system. CDL provides transformative digital library services, grounded in campus partnerships and extended through external collaborations, that amplify the impact of the libraries, scholarship, and resources of the University of California. The primary user base for CDL services and programs includes UC faculty, students, and library staff. The CDL is a unit within the UC Office of the President, has a staff of 70+ and is located in downtown Oakland, California.
UC3 is a creative partnership bringing together the expertise and resources of the CDL, the ten UC campuses, and the broader international curation community. We foster collaborative analysis, projects, and solutions to ensure the long-term viability and usability of curated digital content. We support identifier use and adoption, enriching CDL’s core infrastructure for publishing, data management, and preservation, and contributing to global identifier initiatives that can help to further amplify UC scholarship. Examples of tools and services include Merritt, EZID, DMPTool, and Dryad.
CDL values a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and encourages applications from individuals who are part of underrepresented groups. For more information and to complete an application, please go to our job web site.