|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Cambridge, MA, Massachusetts|
|Date Posted||March 6, 2018|
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director of Communications and working closely with the Associate University Librarian for Digital Strategies and Innovations, the Senior Drupal Developer will work alongside project managers, product owners, subject matter experts, writers, UI and graphic designers, as well as systems librarians to develop and enhance our next-generation digital products.
We’re looking for a Senior Drupal Developer who takes a creative approach to problem-solving, often considering unorthodox yet feasible ways to push design and develop digital solutions. A self-starter who’s comfortable with ambiguity as well as selfless collaboration with a diverse set of colleagues. Curiosity, creativity, and initiative are key.
You’ll be responsible for analysis, technical design, implementation, test-driven development, and deployment of products using Agile principles. You’ll help to clarify scope and specifications, and provide and evaluate alternative options for implementing user-focused digital solutions.
- Experience developing enterprise-class Drupal solutions
- Experience developing comprehensive test suites using frameworks and developing and executing quality assurance (Q/A) tests including Q/A automation and test-driven development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline and demonstrated portfolio of work
- 5+ years of experience developing software/digital products
- Experience in Drupal 8 preferred
- Experience with Drupal sites on enterprise LAMP stacks
- Familiarity with continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD)
- Working knowledge of MySql
- Understanding of and experience working in an Agile development team
- Solid organizational skills, including time management and prioritization, and ability to grow leadership responsibilities
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities
- Strong attention to detail