|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||April 11, 2018|
Reed College seeks a dynamic and student-oriented science and scholarly communication librarian to collaborate closely with faculty and students in the natural sciences, mathematics, and computer science, supporting teaching, research activities, and scholarly communication. Reed is a liberal arts college with strong science programs and a record of producing substantial numbers of STEM graduates. This position reports to the Director of Research Services.
Who You Are
- You are passionate about the sciences and the role of libraries and scholarly communication in the scientific process.
- You believe that undergraduate education in the sciences is best delivered in the laboratory, in seminars, and in small groups, and you’re committed to working closely with students and faculty wherever the learning process happens.
- You are excited about the prospect of working closely with faculty to develop a library instruction program that supports a robust undergraduate science curriculum.
- You look forward to joining a team of committed library staff working to provide the best services possible to an intensely academic liberal arts community.
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment to develop programs for an increasingly diverse student body.
What You'll Do
- Provide instruction and research assistance and conduct other outreach activities that support research and scholarship in the sciences.
- Contribute to and manage library collections and resources that support the sciences.
- Provide expertise in scholarly communications and publishing.
- Play a leadership role in promoting and coordinating open access publishing.
- Participate in professional activities of the library and the college by leading or serving on committees, providing training and educational opportunities for staff, and developing and maintaining connections with local, regional, and national professional communities.