|Published||December 5, 2022|
|Location||New York, New York|
|Cover Letter Requirements||Required|
|Education Requirements||ALA-accredited graduate degree in Library or Information Science or a graduate degree in a related discipline|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||75000|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
The NYU Health Sciences Library welcomes applicants for the position of Resource Management Librarian, a faculty appointment in the NYU Grossman School of Medicine.
The candidate for this position is responsible for participating in the workflow related to managing the life-cycle of electronic resources, including databases, books, serial publications (and the like), as well as supporting access to our electronic resources. This position will participate in the development and oversight of assessment strategies, conducting ongoing assessments, and collaborating on initiatives within the Knowledge Management and Access unit. This position also participates in the formal educational efforts of the Health Sciences Library, including the development of instructional materials, subject guides, web and video tutorials, and other support services, and participates in the overall growth and development of the library and its services.
In this role, the successful candidate will:
- Participate in workflow and procedures related to managing the life-cycle of the library’s electronic resources, including databases, books, and serials.
- Coordinate activities needed to support access to electronic resources, including:
- Advanced troubleshooting for patrons and staff.
- Maintaining access protocols for electronic resources.
- Updating and customizing metadata for electronic resource access.
- Develop and implement assessment strategies, conduct ongoing assessments, and collaborate on Knowledge Management and Access unit initiatives in order to successfully promote and enable access to our resources.
- Participate in the management of Ex Libris knowledge system(s) (Alma, Primo VE, SFX) to optimize the use of and access to our electronic resources through the library’s catalog and other access points.
- Work closely with our consortia partners to ensure shared access to subscribed materials while maintaining the needs of all eligible users.
- Work closely with other library units and relevant NYU Langone Health departments to promote awareness of subscribed resources.
- Create educational materials to support access to and use of licensed resources.
- Maintain awareness of the library’s linked disparate systems and their impact on the user journey.
- Conduct and engage in research projects designed to enhance and optimize user access to subscribed materials.
- Prepares reports detailing changes related to the access and usage of electronic resources for the unit lead.
- Utilize emerging trends and best practices in electronic resource management to enhance library services.
- An ALA-accredited graduate degree in Library or Information Science or a graduate degree in a related discipline plus equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Strong customer service attitude, as well as a positive, proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Working knowledge of integrated library systems.
- Able to work collaboratively as part of a team and independently-run projects.
- Working knowledge of knowledge management tools, standards, and initiatives, such as COUNTER, SUSHI, and OpenURL.
- Prior experience with knowledge management systems (such as Ex Libris, Serials Solutions, etc.), as well as Link resolvers.
- Awareness of KBART and MARC record management and systems.
- Understanding of IP Address Authentication.
- Prior experience with Ex Libris knowledge systems (such as Alma, Primo, or SFX).
- Knowledge of EZproxy.
- Three years of professional experience working in an academic library.
- Working knowledge of metadata standards and best practices.
- Experience working with e-resources in a consortium or shared environment.
Compensation and Benefits
The NYU Grossman School of Medicine offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, retirement benefits, time off, tuition benefits, wellness programs, and more. The salary range for this position is $75-90k, and salary is commensurate with experience. The Health Sciences Library provides mentoring and support for research, scholarship and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development. Interested candidates from outside the New York City area are encouraged to apply. Flexible and remote-work opportunities are negotiable.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.