|Published||September 1, 2022|
|Location||2 West Broughton Drive, Raleigh, NC|
|Education Requirements||Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline, plus at least three years relevant experience.|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||$100,000 USD|
|Maximum Compensation in Local Currency||Negotiable|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
NC State University invites applications and nominations for the position of Research Integration Consultant in the Research Facilitation Service (RFS). This position will lead consultations with research teams and labs, analyze and scope their computational research and data workflows, and formulate recommendations for improvement. The position will build and strengthen connections to university technology services providers, such as research data storage, data transfer solutions, and security and compliance guidance, and will help facilitate the use of external services such as cloud resources. In addition, the incumbent will plan, scope, and develop software solutions to integrate and automate data workflows and educate researchers on the use and maintenance of these workflows. The position reports to the Director, Research Facilitation Service.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with technical skills who would like to accelerate research by helping to streamline data workflows and to make an impact for researchers across many disciplines. The successful applicant will enjoy analyzing and simplifying complex data and workflow needs, be skilled in communicating about technology with a non-technical audience, and be eager to educate others about how different technologies can improve research. Understanding of practices in one or more research communities is a plus.
- Consultation and education
- Meet with researchers to identify their computational and data management needs, and provide recommendations and assistance to meet those needs. Determine scope and requirements, and build and implement solutions that meet security, efficiency, sharing, and other research requirements, and educate researchers to use them.
- Develop and deliver training and materials about new and improved workflows, such as data transfer and sharing methods, data storage, and data management practices.
- Consult and educate about best practices for documenting code related to research projects.
- Systems integration
- Develop and document software solutions to integrate and automate data workflows and provide support for workflow design or redesign.
- Provide support for containerized research workflows and pipelines.
- Facilitate the use of on-premise and cloud resources for computing, storage, and data movement, including providing guidance on appropriate platforms, configuring environments, and providing guidance to researchers to maintain the environment.
Minimum salary: $100,000 annually. Review of applications is underway; position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. The Libraries will be flexible during this time and will conduct most or all of this search remotely.
See vacancy announcement with application instructions at: https://www.lib.ncsu.edu/jobs/ehratech/research-integration-consultant
AA/OEO. NC State welcomes all persons without regard to sexual orientation or genetic information. For ADA accommodations, please call (919) 515-3148.