|Date Posted||May 9, 2019|
The Wolbach Library at the Center for Astrophysics (CfA) is seeking a Metadata Architecture Fellow. The successful applicant will work with CfA library staff and our project partners at the Libre Space Foundation to conduct research that will inform the design of a metadata schema to link together data, software, and hardware from small satellite missions. This is a one year, benefits eligible position funded by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation.
The Metadata Architecture Fellow will be responsible for:
- Identifying and assessing existing tools and prior work that could be incorporated into the metadata schema.
- Defining and prioritizing metadata schema use cases to inform schema assessment in collaboration with project stakeholders.
- Developing metadata schema prototypes and crosswalks in collaboration with Wolbach Library staff and our project partners.
- Supporting the planning and execution of in-person and virtual outreach activities to solicit feedback on components of the schema from project stakeholders.
- Incorporating feedback from stakeholders into schema design decisions.
- Communicating regularly with project partners and advisors.
- Summarizing the year’s activities for presentations and publications.
- Graduate degree in a relevant field (e.g. library and information science, computer and information systems).
- Graduate degree must have been received before the beginning the fellowship period.
- Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States for the duration of the fellowship period.
- A letter describing why you are interested in this position and relevant skills and experience you would bring to the project
- Names and contact information of three references
Please send application materials to email@example.com
Harvard University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.