|Date Posted||June 21, 2019|
The RDM Program Manager ensures the effective design, coordination, and delivery of the Research Data Management Program’s services, initiatives and projects. They are a campus resource on local, national and international RDM developments and activities and their impact on scholarly inquiry and instruction. Leading and working closely with multi-departmental teams, the position provides leadership and collaborative coordination to ensure the success of this university-wide program. The position formulates program strategies and goals, and plans, directs and controls the program budget and related resources.
• Directs and administers the Research Data Management program with complete administrative and programmatic responsibility.
• Facilitates efforts of participating staff from Research, Teaching and Learning Services (RTL) and the University Library, and leads collaborations with participating staff and leadership in multiple campus departments to ensure interdisciplinary collaboration.
• Identifies and pursues funding opportunities and revenue streams, including the development of grant proposals in partnership with researchers.
• Leads programmatic activities to develop and implement new services that address significant risks to campus responsibilities regarding research data
• Participates in the program budgeting and accounting processes to support the financial infrastructure of the program.
• Supervises undergraduate and graduate student employees.
• Assesses program's effectiveness in the areas of consulting, training, communication, outreach, service development, gathers metrics, and recommends and implements changes to program's content, policies and procedures accordingly.
• Participates in local, national and international professional organizations and activities, representing campus in efforts to develop Research Data Management services, practices, and knowledge.