|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||December 4, 2018|
|Apply Here||https://libraries.mit.edu/about/jobs/ MIT job # 16839|
The MIT Libraries seek an enterprising project manager and business analyst to help shape the Libraries’ technology infrastructure through client engagement, project management and delivery, and portfolio management. Reporting to the Head of Technology Planning, Integration + Experience (TPIE), the Project Manager/Business Analyst leads planning and execution for Libraries projects ranging from digitization to web interface development to digital preservation. As a member of TPIE’s project management team, the Project Manager will employ a variety of project management methodologies, working with cross-functional teams of librarians, archivists, engineers, developers, and UX/UI specialists to deliver transformative technology services that meet and anticipate the scholarly needs of the MIT community.
Responsibilities of the Project Manager/Business Analyst include:
- Project planning, through scope and work plan development, budgeting, scheduling, requirements gathering, and establishment of success criteria;
- Project delivery, including day-to-day project and change management, project team coaching and coordination, monitoring and review of dependencies, issues and risks, and coordination of close-of-project knowledge and process transfer;
- Business analysis, engaging with stakeholders and other campus service providers to evaluate and improve the Libraries’ technology processes, systems, and services;
- Project communication, including establishment of communication plans and structures, ensuring that stakeholders, team members, business owners, and Libraries leadership are informed and engaged throughout all phases of the project lifecycle; and
- Portfolio management, supporting organizational decision-making through identification of potential process improvements, and delivery of transparent and concise information about the Libraries’ full technology portfolio.
QUALIFICATIONS include a bachelor’s degree in management, business, statistics, or related field, a minimum of five years professional experience in a project manager / business analyst capacity (or blended role), including all aspects of project development and execution, and some combination of:
- Expert knowledge of both Agile/Scrum and traditional project management principles, practices or tools, and a demonstrated ability to align project management approaches with individual project needs.
- Demonstrated success managing cross-functional multi-stakeholder projects through completion and handoff.
- Demonstrated success building and maintaining healthy, long-term, multi-project relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including influencing and negotiation skills.
This is a two-year term position, with the possibility of renewal. Full details here: https://libraries.mit.edu/about/jobs/