|Date Posted||February 17, 2021|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||50,000|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
The ORCID-US Community Specialist is an enthusiastic and highly motivated team member, a demonstrated self-starter with exceptional communication skills. This position requires an individual with a strong sense of service delivery and an ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders. The incumbent will be familiar with the ORCID ID and ORCID record, with a general understanding of the research lifecycle and scholarly communications environment and systems in frequent use in the US. The primary function of the position is to provide highly responsive ORCID-US community support and engagement. The ability to communicate about complex technical concepts to non-technical diverse audiences is key. The incumbent will be able to learn and speak about the systems and workflows involved in managing and maintaining institutional repositories, current research information systems, publishing, and grant funding application and reporting.
- Meet with community members and prospective members for onboarding, orientation, sharing recommendations for integrations, etc.
- Respond to inquiries from members and prospective members, including Tier 1 technical support questions
- Assessing and responding to member needs through surveys, creating online documentation and other helpful training resources
- Periodic check-ins with members
- Create quarterly reports and track ORCID adoptions and integrations at member sites
- Maintain ORCID-US web site information: https://www.lyrasis.org/Leadership/Pages/orcid-us.aspx
- Coordinate events and outreach, such as webinars and blog posts
- Assist with ORCID outreach and advocacy to help move ORCID adoption forward
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in an administrative or support role in a field such as library and information studies or information technology. Those with education and experience in related fields may be considered.
- Strong familiarity with the academic research process and scholarly publishing workflows and tools
- Experience developing outreach and training materials
- Experience supporting users in a technical environment, including demonstrated knowledge of XML and/or JSON, and the ability to master evolving technologies
- Exceptional communication skills and strong work ethic
- Ability to prioritize effectively and accomplish tasks in a dynamic, unstructured work environment
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and work well under pressure with tact, discretion, and good judgment
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills
Experience in research and scholarly communication, in software development and/or scripting skills, or in library and information studies is highly desirable.
The position is part of a geographically distributed team, and, as such, applications from candidates interested in telecommuting are welcome.
To Apply: All applications MUST be submitted with a cover letter for consideration.
LYRASIS is a 501 c 3 non-profit membership organization, with an organizational history dating back to 1936, LYRASIS is home to more than 1,000-member academic and public libraries, museums, archives, and other collections-holding organizations located in 28 countries.
LYRASIS was created by its members to help them tackle wide-reaching challenges with a collective strength, including: the development and selection of new technology solutions; fostering community-wide projects that help deliver better outcomes and services.
At LYRASIS, one of our core values is to provide an inclusive environment to all who are employed here. Therefore, the company is intentional in providing fair and equitable employment opportunities to all applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.