|Published||November 1, 2022|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||$61,947|
|Maximum Compensation in Local Currency||$80,532|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
This position is located in the Audiovisual Media Preservation Initiative (AVMPI), Smithsonian Libraries and Archives (SLA), in the Smithsonian Institution (SI).
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Creates catalog records in partnership with unit stakeholders for collection items selected and received as part of AVMPI. Creates, enhances and/or corrects collection records.
- Labels and adds unique identifiers (e.g. barcodes) to individual collection items to assist in tracking materials through a standard workflow. Tracks progress using supported software.
- Identifies and inspects various forms of audiovisual analog legacy formats, including film, audio, and video elements, to evaluate physical condition and determine stabilization needs of media elements for digitization.
- Performs conservation work on collection materials, to include treatment, cleaning, and rehousing, to stabilize and prepare collection materials for digitization.
- Coordinates with unit stakeholders to receive collections selected for digitization and preservation. Assists in identifying formats and in determining appropriateness of collections selected for preservation by AVMPI.
Federal Term appointment. This appointment may be extended up to three years. This position is included in the bargaining unit.