|Published||October 7, 2022|
|Education Requirements||Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||55.000|
|Maximum Compensation in Local Currency||62,000|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
The Multimedia Producer develops, produces, and executes compelling narrative, educational, and marketing video content which supports and communicates the overall excellence of the UTA Libraries, including overseeing all aspects of production from creation to completion. The successful candidate will work both independently and in a team environment, reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reflects the Libraries’ Guiding Principles in partnership and service to University Libraries, and the broader university community
- Support the Libraries’ departments in developing and maintaining accessible multimedia content, videography, and editing to present polished and professional digital material
- Provide guidance and collaborate with staff on video projects and adhere to Libraries and University guidelines and branding standards
- Create original and compelling story-telling videos with journalistic, documentary, and narrative-based video content (stories, reports, highlights, montages, and other creative products) for use in a variety of formats including online media, social media, and external media
- Shoots and edits, including completing post-production of projects in a highly collaborative, strategic, creative driven environment designed to support key messaging related to integrated marketing, media and public relations, fundraising, events, student success, and other libraries priorities
- Utilize leading industry software programs for video, design, and image manipulation to achieve professionally executed, brand-integrated video projects using Apple Final Cut Pro Studio, Adobe Creative Suite, or other similar programs
- Maintain consistently high-quality standards on all productions; design and produce other digital and print marketing materials, as needed, including social media graphics and short video clips, posters/flyers, website images, and other miscellaneous materials
- Make technical and creative decisions regarding such elements as lighting, shooting angles, lens selection, exposure, placement and type of microphones, locations, use of movement and interview style, and participate in projects’ visual and audio development
- Work in a networked, team-based environment to share and account for all project resources and be accountable for a variety of digital asset management solutions
- Keep abreast of rapidly evolving technology, media platforms, and video formats, as well as maintain proficiency via trainings and workshops for all technical aspects of the various software, hardware, and processes for multimedia production and online communication
Advance departmental, Libraries, and University goals.
- Be an advocate and ally for equity, diversity, justice, and inclusion;
- Participate in committees and task forces within the Libraries, university, and the profession;
- Foster an environment of continual professional development, improvement, and learning;
- Continuously assess and iterate programs to improve services and advance initiatives;
- Demonstrate commitment to innovation and discovery in order to remain relevant in higher education and support others in doing so as well.
Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3 – 4 years of experience in a professional media production environment or equivalent experience
- Proficiency with Apple Final Cut Pro Studio and Adobe Creative Suite or similar editing program
- Strong multifaceted project management skills and ability to effectively shape creative solutions across multiple and evolving platforms
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in journalism, photography, television production, multimedia production, or a related field.
- Previous work experience at a video production facility, advertising agency, corporate or institutional in-house organization, or higher education in-house creative team is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- MS Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Knowledge of Windows Operating System and file management
- Project planning and management skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Leadership skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to work in a team-based environment and manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to work collegially and collaboratively with people of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to communicate effectively, including excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written skills
- Project management experience.
- Commitment to developing professional knowledge and skills on a continuing basis.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusivity, and to serving the needs of a culturally and educationally diverse and inclusive community.
- Ability to foster a positive working environment and model the Libraries’ Guiding Principles through daily actions and behaviors.
- Ability to analyze situations and make sound decisions using advanced customer experience skills.
- Ability to excel in a “perpetual beta” environment, with frequent change and intelligent risk-taking by transferring knowledge and experience to new situations.
Our future colleague will also have an affinity for our Guiding Principles. These principles define HOW we do our work. These are our Guiding Principles exemplified through how we treat our colleagues:
We Care. We care about you, your success, your growth, your passions and all that you bring to the table.
We Empower. We empower our staff to be creative, think outside the box, work autonomously, and provide resources necessary for success.
We Take Ownership. We take ownership of our organizational culture and YOU take ownership of how our culture is shaped.
We Are Extraordinary. We are extraordinary because we attract and hire extraordinarily talented individuals like you!
APPLY NOW – We can’t wait to welcome you to our team.
Please submit applications at https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/20090
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.