|Published||June 23, 2022|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||43,919.00|
|Maximum Compensation in Local Currency||66,183.00|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
Monograph Acquisitions Librarian
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the https://coronavirus.upenn.edu/ for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Monograph Acquisitions Librarian
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
This position supports the Libraries' pivot to and increased acquisition of digital content, and helps ensure the focus on robust distinctive and innovative collecting can continue despite this shift. This position supports the Libraries' detailed fiscal accounting, provides technical and supervisory support for manual and automated processes and increases support for collection development professionals.
• Provide full range of supervision for support staff within the context of collective bargaining agreement. Manage, monitor and coordinate incoming acquisitions work of the unit to effectively ensure resources are purchased and made available to patrons in a timely and fiscally-responsible way. Supervise input & distribution of physical material. Categorize, assign and follow-up work.
• Manage incoming acquisitions-related questions, troubleshoot, solve and respond to complex problems, follow up with internal or external parties and/or assign work to staff. Create, establish and monitor acquisitions work and workflows, including those for EOD imports, EOCR and approval records. Fix high-level or systemic problems with missing or incorrect files, follow up with vendors and/or assign problems to staff.
• Develop best practices based on peer networks, collaborate with internal and external partners to develop, document, and assess workflows and ensure acquisition processes conform with university rules and procedures.
• As part of a team, handle higher-level fiscal and acquisitions functions, including but not limited to, allocating and transferring funds, monitoring and updating fund rules, exposing encumbrance and/or record problems that affect fiscal clarity of the material budget. Approve invoices, including those in excess of $9000.
• Contribute to policy that builds greater programmatic awareness and transparency around acquisitions processes, work to standardize workflows across the Libraries system, evaluate and implement new and emerging workflow technologies and services.
• Build mutually beneficial partnerships with vendors to aid Penn's continuously adaptive development in the field of collection development. Establish and maintain vendor relationships, evaluate vendor services in collaboration with other managers and subject selectors.
• Contribute extensible models of acquisitions processes that could be replicated by other institutions, collaborate with consortial partners, manage special acquisitions projects.
• Engage in library-wide projects and teams, professional development and continuing education as needed and appropriate
• ALA-accredited master's in library and information science or a related field
• Demonstrated knowledge of library acquisitions or technical services work, gained through at least two years of experience, preferably in the context of an academic or research library
• Experience supervising the work of others
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Commitment to the following Penn Libraries' staff values: communication, empowerment, collaboration, innovation, respect and transparency.
Preferred Qualifications :
• Familiarity with electronic resources lifecycle, batch record import processes, purchasing in an institutional context
• Familiarity with the library acquisitions landscape, including major vendors and emerging acquisition models.
• Experience working with library vendors
• Experience working with Alma ILS
A Cover Letter and Resume/CV are required to be considered for this position. Please upload your Cover Letter where it asks you to upload your Resume/CV; multiple documents are allowed.
Budgeted Pay Range:
$60,000 -- $65,000 commensurate with education and experience
Job Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaLibrarian B
Department / School
$43,919.00 - $66,183.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
• Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
• Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
• Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
• Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
• Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
• Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
• Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
• University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
• Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
• Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
• Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
• Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3165243
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.