|Published||August 4, 2023|
|Cover Letter Requirements||Required|
|Education Requirements||High School graduation or GED|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||32000|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
Institution Name: University of Texas at Arlington Libraries
Libraries Website Link: https://libraries.uta.edu/
Apply Now: https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/24338
Internal Job Posting No: S04775P
Benefits at UTA:
We are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to all our employees at the University.
To help you understand the full value of these benefits, we have created a tool that calculates the total worth of your compensation package. This tool takes into account all of the benefits that you are eligible for, including health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off. To access this tool and learn more about the total value of your benefits, please click on the following link:
The Library Specialist provides leadership for extraordinary customer service experiences within a dynamic, high volume, 24/7 perpetual beta environment by assisting with student hiring, training, and supervision for the Guest Services division of Community Engagement Department. The library has various locations across campus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engages in a team-based leadership model to manage circulation processes and the Libraries’ general service areas which include the first floor, second floor, West Campus Library, and North Campus Library.
- Assist with the hiring, supervision, and training of a talented pool of students who will provide high-level customer experience and lending services.
- Collaborate with colleagues throughout the Libraries and across campus to highlight and connect students, faculty, and staff with Libraries’ services, resources, and partnerships that meet their needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Two (2) years related experience.
- Computer literate and technologically adept.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Proficiency in Windows Operating System and file management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience managing hiring processes.
- Experience with employee scheduling.
- Experience with staff onboarding.
- Public services or customer service experience in an academic library or related environment.
- Supervisory experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work collegially and collaboratively with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Be an advocate and ally for equity, diversity, justice, and inclusion.
- Ability to foster a positive working environment and model the Libraries’ values through daily actions and behaviors.
- Advanced project planning and management skills.
- Ability to lead, cultivate, and empower staff.
- Effective time management skills.
- Advanced customer experience skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, including excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to transfer and apply knowledge and experience to new situations.
- Ability to analyze situations and make sound decisions.
- Ability to excel in a “perpetual beta” environment, with frequent change and intelligent risk-taking.
Tuesday – Saturday: 2:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Our future colleague will also have an affinity for our Guiding Principles. These principles define HOW we do our work. These are our Guiding Principles exemplified through how we treat our colleagues:
We Care. We care about you, your success, your growth, your passions and all that you bring to the table.
We Empower. We empower our staff to be creative, think outside the box, work autonomously, and provide resources necessary for success.
We Take Ownership. We take ownership of our organizational culture and YOU take ownership of how our culture is shaped.
We Are Extraordinary. We are extraordinary because we attract and hire extraordinarily talented individuals like you!
APPLY NOW – We can’t wait to welcome you to our team.
Please submit applications at https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/24338
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.