|Published||August 4, 2023|
|Cover Letter Requirements||Required|
|Education Requirements||High School graduation or GED|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||32,000|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
Institution Name: University of Texas at Arlington Libraries
Libraries Website Link: https://libraries.uta.edu/
Apply Now: https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/24294
Internal Job Posting No: S04767P
Benefits at UTA: We are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to all our employees at the University.
To help you understand the full value of these benefits, we have created a tool that calculates the total worth of your compensation package. This tool takes into account all of the benefits that you are eligible for, including health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off. To access this tool and learn more about the total value of your benefits, please click on the following link:
Provides functional support for digitization services including digital reproduction, processing, metadata, and student supervision to make UTA Libraries’ unique resources globally accessible to expand and enhance existing research, scholarship, and creative capability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Capture digital images, reformat analog materials to digital, and create descriptive metadata for those images to improve discoverability of our unique resources in the institutional repository and digital gallery.
- Work in collaboration with other library departments including Special Collections & Archives and Open Partnerships & Services.
- Assist with hiring, training, and supervising three to four (3-4) student employees in tandem with Digitization Services Manager.
- Perform quality control review of the student’s scanned material and the metadata creation.
- Assist with project management and processing multiple collections.
- Maintain accurate records and keep statistics for reporting needs of the organization.
- Provide training and consultations as needed for library staff and patrons on digitization equipment and copyright issues.
- Ensure performance of scanning equipment and software, assist with troubleshooting, and report noted issues to library technology staff.
- Must adhere to the State of Texas and University’s assets management regulations and policies. Attend meetings and serve on library committees when called upon.
- Pursue opportunities for professional development, including workshops, conferences, seminars, and specialized training classes.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- High School graduation or GED.
- Computer literate and technologically adept.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Proficiency in Windows Operating System and file management.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two (2) years related experience.
- Experience with digital projects or digital-born material.
- Experience with digital graphics applications such as Photoshop.
- Experience with descriptive metadata or technical writing.
- Experience with Library of Congress (LC) Thesauri and Dublin Core Metadata schema.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Leadership skills.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to work collegially and collaboratively with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Be an advocate and ally for equity, diversity, justice and inclusion.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, including excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to transfer and apply knowledge and experience to new situations.
- Ability to follow through on projects.
- Ability to analyze situations and make sound decisions.
- Collaboration and coordination skills.
- Ability to excel in a “perpetual beta” environment, with frequent change and intelligent risk-taking.
- Ability to complete all physical tasks as needed.
Our future colleague will also have an affinity for our Guiding Principles. These principles define HOW we do our work. These are our Guiding Principles exemplified through how we treat our colleagues:
We Care. We care about you, your success, your growth, your passions and all that you bring to the table.
We Empower. We empower our staff to be creative, think outside the box, work autonomously, and provide resources necessary for success.
We Take Ownership. We take ownership of our organizational culture, and YOU take ownership of how our culture is shaped.
We Are Extraordinary. We are extraordinary because we attract and hire extraordinarily talented individuals like you!
APPLY NOW – We can’t wait to welcome you to our team.
Please submit applications at https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/24294
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.