|Published||August 10, 2022|
|Education Requirements||High School graduation or GED|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||($30,000 - $33,000) DOE|
|Hourly or Salary?||Hourly|
The Library Specialist is a member of the Acquisitions team within the department of Access & Discovery. The team provides fiduciary service in sustaining the library’s acquisition budget and “in-time” access to all information resources that the library has purchased and leased. The specialist is responsible for duties to help manage the information lifecycle of print and electronic materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with acquisition of library materials, both physical and electronic, including ordering, receiving, copy cataloging, and shelf preparation. Maintains accurate holding records of materials, including purchase orders, cost, usage, licensing data, etc. Processes invoices in a timely fashion and tracks expenditures to support budgetary decisions.
- Downloads usage data of electronic resources and uploads them to the unified library system. Sets up appropriate automated process where available and troubleshoots error issues.
- Organizes and screens donated and gifted materials for review. Collaborates with team members in other units and departments to process and tally received items.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- High School graduation or GED
- Two years related experience
- Computer literate and technologically adept
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Proficiency in Windows Operating System and file management
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with library acquisitions or electronic resources management
- Experience with the library tools such as Ex Libris Alma and Gobi
- Experience with cataloging tools such as OCLC Connexion
- Advanced use of Excel
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Leadership skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to work collegially and collaboratively with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, including excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to transfer and apply knowledge and experience to new situations
- Ability to follow through on projects
- Ability to analyze situations and make sound decisions
- Collaboration and coordination skills
- Ability to excel in a “perpetual beta” environment, with frequent change and intelligent risk-taking
Our future colleague will also have an affinity for our Guiding Principles. These principles define HOW we do our work. These are our Guiding Principles exemplified through how we treat our colleagues:
We Care. We care about you, your success, your growth, your passions and all that you bring to the table.
We Empower. We empower our staff to be creative, think outside the box, work autonomously, and provide resources necessary for success.
We Take Ownership. We take ownership of our organizational culture and YOU take ownership of how our culture is shaped.
We Are Extraordinary. We are extraordinary because we attract and hire extraordinarily talented individuals like you!
APPLY NOW – We can’t wait to welcome you to our team.
Please submit applications at https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/18390
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.