|Published||October 3, 2023|
|Cover Letter Requirements||Required|
|Education Requirements||Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited institution|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||$55,000|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
Institution Name: University of Texas at Arlington Libraries
Libraries Website Link: https://libraries.uta.edu/
Apply Now: https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/24877
Internal Job Posting No: S04847P
Benefits at UTA: We are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to all our employees at the University.
To help you understand the full value of these benefits, we have created a tool that calculates the total worth of your compensation package. This tool takes into account all of the benefits that you are eligible for, including health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off. To access this tool and learn more about the total value of your benefits, please click on the following link:
The Multidisciplinary Librarian is an active and highly engaged liaison who serves a number of disciplines in partnership with exceptional colleagues who empower student success and faculty excellence. The librarian advances the University’s and Libraries strategic plans by fostering excellence in research, scholarship, teaching, and learning through impactful engagement and outreach. This position is a part of a multidisciplinary team in the Research Services department and reports to the Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Models the Libraries’ Guiding Principles in partnership and service to several colleges and departments and the broader university community:
- Customizes and personalizes support services for students, faculty, colleagues, and community members virtually and in person.
- Shares disciplinary expertise across multiple literacies to best meet learning and professional growth outcomes for students.
- Serves as a proactive ambassador to highlight Libraries’ services, resources, and partnerships to meet student and faculty needs.
- Cultivates partnerships with faculty, staff, and administration to integrate the Libraries’ services and resources in curricula and research projects.
- Collaborates in the design, implementation, and maintenance of relevant online tools and services in order to place the Libraries into the flow of teaching, learning, and research.
- Collaborates with library colleagues to offer teaching and learning experiences that integrate active learning strategies.
- Broadens awareness and fosters engagement in OER, data services, open access publishing, and other scholarly communication priorities.
- Develops and maintains disciplinary expertise.
- Advances departmental, Libraries, and university goals:
- Be an advocate and ally for equity, diversity, justice, and inclusion.
- Continuously assesses and iterates programs to improve services and advance initiatives.
- Discovers and promotes access to institutional scholarly, research data, and other creative content through faculty excellence, student success, and open scholarship initiatives.
- Identifies and integrates best practices in service, teaching and learning, and scholarly activity.
- Fosters an environment of continual professional development, improvement, and learning.
- Engages in outreach and professional development that centers on supporting student success and faculty excellence.
- Participates in committees and task forces within the Libraries, university, and the profession.
- Demonstrates commitment to innovation and discovery in order to remain relevant in higher education and support others in doing so as well.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- UTA Libraries encourages applications from all who meet the minimum qualifications but may not meet every preferred qualification.
- Master’s degree in library and/or information science from an ALA-accredited program or a related graduate degree.
- An additional Master’s degree or PhD.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstration of advanced collaboration skills to ensure team effectiveness.
- Strong understanding of multiple literacies and open scholarship.
- Track record of participation in or development of innovative academic literacy programs, particularly those that use technology to enhance student learning and/or success.
- Ability to teach both groups and individuals effectively, in person and online.
- Knowledge of a range of digital scholarship tools, technologies, and platforms.
- Commitment to developing professional knowledge and skills on a continuing basis.
- Demonstrated commitment to serving the needs of a culturally and educationally diverse community.
- Ability to foster a positive working environment and model The Libraries Guiding Principles through daily actions and behaviors.
- Ability to communicate effectively, including excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written skills.
- Ability to analyze situations and make sound decisions using advanced customer experience skills.
- Collection analysis and evaluation skills with a particular focus on digital resources and databases.
Our future colleague will also have an affinity for our Guiding Principles. These principles define HOW we do our work. These are our Guiding Principles exemplified through how we treat our colleagues:
We Care. We care about you, your success, your growth, your passions and all that you bring to the table.
We Empower. We empower our staff to be creative, think outside the box, work autonomously, and provide resources necessary for success.
We Take Ownership. We take ownership of our organizational culture and YOU take ownership of how our culture is shaped.
We Are Extraordinary. We are extraordinary because we attract and hire extraordinarily talented individuals like you!
APPLY NOW – We can’t wait to welcome you to our team.
Please submit applications at https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/24877
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.