|Published||October 3, 2023|
|Cover Letter Requirements||Required|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||$57,000|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
Institution Name: University of Texas at Arlington Libraries
Libraries Website Link: https://libraries.uta.edu/
Apply Now: https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/23943
Internal Job Posting No: S04848P
Benefits at UTA: We are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to all our employees at the University.
To help you understand the full value of these benefits, we have created a tool that calculates the total worth of your compensation package. This tool takes into account all of the benefits that you are eligible for, including health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off. To access this tool and learn more about the total value of your benefits, please click on the following link:
The Manager for Health Sciences Services is an active and highly engaged librarian manager and liaison to the College of Nursing and Health Innovation. The librarian advances the University and Libraries strategic plans, particularly related to access, student success, and faculty excellence. The librarian engages with faculty, students, staff, and the community to enable excellence in teaching and learning, research, scholarship, creativity, engagement, and outreach. This position reports to the Director for Research Services. This is a non-tenure track position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reflects the Libraries’ Guiding Principles in partnership and service to the College of Nursing and Health Innovation and the broader university community.
- Leads and manages the Health Sciences Librarian team, including hiring, supervising, mentoring, problem-solving, and goal-setting.
- Sets the agenda for team priorities and initiatives in collaboration with team members and department director.
- Customizes and personalizes support services for students, faculty, colleagues, and community members virtually and in person;
- Serves as a proactive ambassador to highlight Libraries’ services, resources, and partnerships to meet student and faculty needs;
- Collaborates to create and deliver curricula; offer teaching and learning experiences that integrate experiential learning strategies; develops and shares disciplinary expertise across multiple literacies to best meet learning and professional growth outcomes for students;
- Collaborates in the design, implementation, and maintenance of relevant online tools and services in order to place the Libraries into the flow of teaching, learning, and research.
- Broadens awareness and fosters engagement in OER, data services, open access publishing, digital identity initiatives, and other scholarly communication priorities;
- Cultivates partnerships with CONHI faculty, staff, and administration to integrate the Libraries’ services and resources in curricula and research projects.
- Discovers and promotes access to institutional scholarly, research data, and other creative content through faculty excellence, student success, and open scholarship initiatives
- Partners with faculty on evidence synthesis projects.
- Advance departmental, Libraries’, and university goals.
- Participate in committees and task forces within the Libraries, university, and the profession
- Identify and integrate best practices in service, teaching and learning, and scholarly activity
- Foster an environment of continual professional development, improvement, and learning
- Continuously assess and iterate programs to improve services and advance initiatives
- Demonstrate commitment to innovation and discovery in order to remain relevant in higher education and support others in doing so as well.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UTA Libraries encourages applications from all who meet the minimum qualifications but may not meet every preferred qualification.
- Master’s degree in library and/or information science from an ALA-accredited program.
- Two years of experience as a liaison librarian.
- Supervisory experience.
- AHIP certification.
- Previous experience as a health sciences librarian at an academic library, health sciences library, or hospital library.
- An undergraduate degree in a health science-related field.
- Experience working with researchers on evidence synthesis reviews.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with evidence-based practice and health sciences trends and topics.
- Strong understanding of multiple literacies and open scholarship, as well as developments in higher education.
- Track record of participation in or development of innovative academic literacy programs, particularly those that use technology to enhance student learning and/or success.
- Ability to teach both groups and individuals effectively, in person and online.
- Knowledge of a range of digital scholarship tools, technologies, and platforms.
- Commitment to developing professional knowledge and skills on a continuing basis.
- Ability to work collegially and collaboratively with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to foster a positive working environment and model the Libraries’ Guiding Principles through daily actions and behaviors.
- Ability to communicate effectively, including excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written skills.
- Ability to analyze situations and make sound decisions with advanced customer experience skills.
- Collection analysis and evaluation skills with a particular focus on digital resources and databases.
Our future colleague will also have an affinity for our Guiding Principles. These principles define HOW we do our work. These are our Guiding Principles exemplified through how we treat our colleagues:
We Care. We care about you, your success, your growth, your passions and all that you bring to the table.
We Empower. We empower our staff to be creative, think outside the box, work autonomously, and provide resources necessary for success.
We Take Ownership. We take ownership of our organizational culture and YOU take ownership of how our culture is shaped.
We Are Extraordinary. We are extraordinary because we attract and hire extraordinarily talented individuals like you!
APPLY NOW – We can’t wait to welcome you to our team.
Please submit applications at https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/23943
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.