|Location||1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250, Maryland|
|Date Posted||July 19, 2021|
|Education Requirements||● MLS or equivalent from an ALA accredited institution. ● Minimum 3 years post MLS experience working with electronic resources. ● Demonstrated experience managing and maintaining discovery services systems. ● Demonstrated experience and understanding of best practices for managing electronic resources. ● Demonstrated knowledge of electronic resource industry standards, best practices, and protocols such as SUSHI, and COUNTER. ● Demonstrated experience with electronic resource management (ERM) systems ● Demonstrated knowledge of managing and maintaining print serials and microfilm collections. ● Knowledge of integrated library systems. ● Knowledge of open URL link resolvers, preferably SFX. ● Excellent communication and interpersonal relations skills and demonstrated ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment. ● Experience supervising staff and student assistants. ● Demonstrated ability to develop and document procedures. ● Demonstrated experience managing multiple priorities. Preferred Qualifications: ● Experience with Ex Libris products. ● Experience with EBSCO Discovery Services ● Experience working with a print serials collection.|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||63,000|
|Maximum Compensation in Local Currency||63,000|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
|Pay Grade||Librarian II|
The University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC), an Honors University in Baltimore, Maryland, invites applications for the eResources and Discovery Librarian position. This is a permanent status-eligible full-time, non-tenure track library faculty position at the rank of Librarian II. This position reports to the Associate Director for Technical Services and oversees the Serials Unit within the Technical Services Division. The successful candidate will have the knowledge and experience to support the Library’s serials and electronic resources collection throughout the entire lifecycle of those eResources. The eResources and Discovery Librarian will work closely with colleagues in the Library, on Campus, and within the University System of Maryland and Affiliated Institutions (USMAI) library consortium.
- Reporting to and working collaboratively with the Associate Director for Technical Services, oversees the daily operations of the Serials Unit within Technical Services.
- Oversees workflows related to managing the life cycle of the Library’s electronic resources, including but not limited to knowledge and experience working with vendors; understanding various platforms in order to effectively manage access and resolve issues; and collecting and analyzing usage data.
- Manages and maintains the Library’s discovery tool (EBSCO Discovery Service) including monitoring trends and best practices and developing efficient workflows to support eresources discoverability.
- Oversees the work related to the database maintenance of the Library’s print serials and microfilm collections.
- Establishes access to new electronic resources, monitors platform changes, and works to investigate, resolve and communicate access issues in a timely manner.
- Assists with developing collection development assessment strategies related to electronic resources.
- Participates in library, campus, consortium, and regional/national communities and organizations as appropriate.
- Supervises 3 staff (2 directly and 1 indirectly) in serials.