|Published||October 6, 2022|
|Education Requirements||Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited institution|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||83,000|
|Maximum Compensation in Local Currency||87,000|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
The UTA Libraries’ Director for Research Services provides leadership and collaborates with stakeholders to advance the Libraries’ goals in support of student success and faculty excellence. The director will have primary responsibility for creating and sustaining partnerships, programs, and services at a Texas Tier One, R-1 institution with a focus support for and excellence in research services. As a member of the Dean’s Department Heads and Directors leadership team, the Director for Research Services will actively engage in planning and implementing programs and services for the UTA Libraries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership, vision, and advocacy for the Research Services department’s services, including evidence synthesis, data management, statistical consulting, peer-to-peer research support, 24/7 virtual chat, and virtual and in-person research services.
- Leads those within the department. Plans initiatives for the department that align with the Libraries’ and Universities strategic plans.
- Mentors and supports the professional development of research services staff including several librarians.
- Champions the liaison librarian program and supports librarians in the department serving a large number of academic departments.
- Develops and manages departmental budget.
- Manages the internship program for the department, including recruiting, onboarding, and setting training goals.
- Collaborates with faculty, Libraries’ staff, and campus and community partners to achieve departmental and Libraries goals.
- Act as subject liaison to academic department(s).
Grants and Outreach
- Identifies opportunities, creates proposals, and executes grants in support of the Research Lifecycle.
- Engages in outreach, scholarship, and professional development that centers on supporting student success and faculty excellence.
- As a member of the Dean’s Department Heads and Directors leadership team, the Director of Research Services will actively engage in planning and implementing innovative services for the UTA Libraries.
- Advance departmental, Libraries, and university goals.
- Advocate for equity, diversity, justice, and inclusive practices throughout UTA Libraries.
- Participate in committees and task forces within the Libraries, university, and the profession.
- Foster an environment of continual professional development, improvement, and learning.
- Continuously assess and iterate programs to improve services and advance initiatives.
- Demonstrate commitment to innovation and discovery to remain relevant in higher education and to support others in doing so.
Other Duties as Assigned
• Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited institution
• Minimum of 5 years in a research or academic library.
• 3 years of increasingly responsible supervisory experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, including Microsoft Teams.
• Experience developing productive partnerships across a large institution.
• Experience mentoring professional staff and developing their leadership skills.
• Experience supporting students and faculty through the research process.
• 5 years of increasingly responsible supervisory experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Advanced project planning and management skills, involving designing, leading, and completing a project within its intended scope and timeline
• Ability to work collegially and collaboratively with people of diverse backgrounds
• Be an advocate and ally for equity, diversity, justice, and inclusion
• Ability to foster a positive working environment and model the Libraries’ Guiding Principles through daily actions and behaviors
• Ability to lead, cultivate, and empower staff
• Effective time management skills
• Advanced customer experience skills
• Ability to communicate effectively, including excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written skills
• Ability to pay attention to detail
• Ability to transfer and apply knowledge and experience to new situations
• Ability to analyze situations and make sound decisions
• Ability to excel in a changing university environment
Our future colleague will also have an affinity for our Guiding Principles. These principles define HOW we do our work. These are our Guiding Principles exemplified through how we treat our colleagues:
We Care. We care about you, your success, your growth, your passions and all that you bring to the table.
We Empower. We empower our staff to be creative, think outside the box, work autonomously, and provide resources necessary for success.
We Take Ownership. We take ownership of our organizational culture and YOU take ownership of how our culture is shaped.
We Are Extraordinary. We are extraordinary because we attract and hire extraordinarily talented individuals like you!
APPLY NOW – We can’t wait to welcome you to our team.
Please submit applications at https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/20087
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.