|Published||August 17, 2022|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||($50,000 - $57,000) DOE|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
The Data Visualization Librarian serves as an expert consultant and partner to UTA students, faculty, and staff regarding data analysis and visualization. This librarian will be responsible for providing public-facing services focused on data visualization via the Libraries DataCAVE, course-integrated instruction, workshops, and consultations. The Data Visualization Librarian must demonstrate a commitment to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives that grow and develop our staff, services, and outreach to our community. This is a non-tenure track position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners with faculty to create and execute course-integrated instruction, with an emphasis on experiential learning pedagogy, that teaches data literacy skills relevant to data analysis and visualization.
- Provides expert consultations, outreach events, and workshops that engage and support the UTA Community with data visualization processes and technologies.
- Partners with colleagues throughout the Libraries as a data visualization specialist utilizing platforms such as ArcGIS, QGIS, and Tableau.
- Supports Libraries’ initiatives related to Open Data.
- Act as subject liaison to an academic department(s).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in library and/or information science from an ALA-accredited program or a related graduate degree.
- Proficiency with data visualization platforms such as ArcGIS, QGIS, and Tableau.
- Knowledge of the trends currently impacting libraries, data practices, and the research cycle.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as member of the UTA community.
- Two (2) years of experience in the academic research process.
- One (1) year of teaching experience in an academic environment.
- Proficiency with quantitative and qualitative analysis using software and/or programming languages.
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to foster a positive working environment and model the Libraries’ Guiding Principles (https://libraries.uta.edu/about/brand/understanding/mission-vision-guiding-principles) through daily actions and behaviors.
- Ability to innovatively use technology and evidence-based decision-making practices to develop and implement best practices for data services.
- Ability to lead, cultivate, and empower staff.
- Advanced project planning and management skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to work collegially and collaboratively with people of diverse backgrounds at a Hispanic and AAPI Serving Institution with the third-highest undergraduate diversity index in the country and a long history of focus on disability rights.
- Advanced customer experience skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, including excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to transfer and apply knowledge and experience to new situations.
- Ability to analyze situations and make sound decisions.
- Ability to excel in a “perpetual beta” environment with frequent change and intelligent risk-taking.
Our future colleague will also have an affinity for our Guiding Principles. These principles define HOW we do our work. These are our Guiding Principles exemplified through how we treat our colleagues:
We Care. We care about you, your success, your growth, your passions and all that you bring to the table.
We Empower. We empower our staff to be creative, think outside the box, work autonomously, and provide resources necessary for success.
We Take Ownership. We take ownership of our organizational culture and YOU take ownership of how our culture is shaped.
We Are Extraordinary. We are extraordinary because we attract and hire extraordinarily talented individuals like you!
APPLY NOW – We can’t wait to welcome you to our team.
Please submit applications at https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/17780
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.