|Location||Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts|
|Date Posted||February 17, 2021|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||$56,700|
|Maximum Compensation in Local Currency||$78,300|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
Do you have a background in engineering? Are you excited at the prospect of working with a new program with a strong interdisciplinary focus?
Boston College seeks a Liaison Librarian for Engineering to work with the Schiller Institute for Integrated Science and Society, a new center created to enhance multi-disciplinary, collaborative research processes that address critical societal issues in the areas of energy, health and the environment. This position provides outstanding research, instruction and collections services and support to the Engineering Department of the Boston College Schiller Institute for Integrated Science and Society, as well as providing services to the Computer Science and Math departments of the Morrissey College of Arts and Sciences. Liaison librarians collaborate with faculty and perform outreach through direct user assistance, individual consultations, and library instruction programs, providing high quality service to all users of the Libraries. The interdisciplinary mission of the Schiller Institute calls on collaborations with multiple liaison
librarians in a variety of disciplines. Library liaison work is supported by the Libraries’ Cohort Liaisons model, led by the Heads of the Collections, Educational Initiatives, and Digital Scholarship departments.
The struggle against racism, prejudice, stereotyping, and discrimination is central to the mission of the BC Libraries and rooted in the Jesuit tradition of social justice. We are committed to our Mission and Values , and our Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Statement. We expect finalists for this position to demonstrate a similar commitment to sustaining a culture that is respectful, accountable, and intentionally inclusive. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and strongly encourage people from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply.
Non-Senior - Hiring Range - $56,700 - $70,900
Senior - Hiring Range: $62,650 - $78,300
Master’s degree in library science from an ALA-Accredited institution, or completion by June 2021
Note: We expect all staff to learn and grow in their jobs, therefore applicants who do not meet all of the preferred qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- Undergraduate degree or experience in a relevant subject area
- Experience in public services in an academic library
- Experience in the selection of scholarly materials, particularly in area of engineering
- Experience working with academic research data
- Experience in providing library instruction
- Work experience that demonstrates a high level of collaboration, initiative and leadership
- Ability to work effectively with library users from diverse backgrounds with a demonstrated commitment to responsive and quality library services.
- Flexibility will be a key attribute, as the Schiller Institute is at a very formative stage and very much a work in progress
- Familiarity with engineering and/or biomedical resources