IT Specialist (Head of Digital Programs), Office of Digital Transformation
|Published||April 17, 2023|
|Location||Washington, DC, United States of America|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||155,700|
|Maximum Compensation in Local Currency||$183,500|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
**Closing date: April 20th, 2023**
The Smithsonian Institution is the world’s largest museum, education, and research complex, with 21 museums and the National Zoo. This position is located in the Office of Digital Transformation. The Smithsonian Institution (SI) is embarking on an Institution-wide digital transformation led by the Office of Digital Transformation (ODT) to become a digitally empowered Institution that builds purposeful connections between the knowledge we share and the people we serve.
The Information Technology Specialist (INET) serves as the Head of Digital Programs. The incumbent manages, develops, implements and maintains a comprehensive set of digital programs to ensure every classroom and household has access to the Smithsonian’s digital content.
In this position, you will:
- Establish and manage large complex high-cost web and emerging media development projects and digital outreach programs for the purpose of supporting the Smithsonian’s strategic goals. Defines project scope, goals and priorities; develops budget.
- Serve as the ODT senior expert in the field of website and digital media management and strategic digital outreach and engagement, and their application to the Smithsonian.
- Manage, develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive program of cutting-edge digital initiatives to ensure every classroom and household has access to the Smithsonian’s digital content.
- Supervise employees and contractors. Interviews candidates for positions, recommends appointments, promotion, or reassignments to such positions. Develops performance standards. Plans and schedules ongoing work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts short-term priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work.
- Ensure that new and emerging media programs, materials, and services are inclusive and reflect the diverse nature of audiences who visit the Smithsonian (physically and virtually) and those in nationwide outreach projects.
- Develop policies and procedures for digital products and mobile applications pertaining to functionality, content, security, accessibility and digital product development.
You may preview questions for this vacancy.