|Published||October 20, 2022|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||61,947|
|Maximum Compensation in Local Currency||80,532|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
The Smithsonian Institution is the world’s largest museum, education, and research complex, with 21 museums and the National Zoo—shaping the future by preserving heritage, discovering new knowledge, and sharing our resources with the world. This position is located in the Smithsonian American Art Museum (SAAM). The Smithsonian American Art Museum is dedicated to collecting, understanding, and enjoying American art.
Join the Information Technology team of the Smithsonian American Art Museum and Renwick Gallery in Washington, DC. You will be a key member of the technology team, providing user support with a focus on customer service and technology to support the daily operations of the museums.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
This is a permanent US Federal position in Washington, DC at GS-09, starting at $61,947/year with a salary range to $80,532 /year. It includes full health, retirement, and leave benefits. While there is the opportunity for some scheduled telework, a remote hire is not possible due to need for on-site work supporting hardware and network infrastructure at the museum buildings in Washington, DC and Maryland. US citizenship and ability to pass a background check required.
- Technical Support and User Assistance for the Museum's Staff - Providing desktop user assistance troubleshooting hardware & software, helping install and configure workstations and peripherals
- Design, Control, and Maintenance of Museum Technology - Installing, monitoring, and maintaining hardware and software and audiovisual equipment
- Knowledge and experience required by the position includes activities such as:
- Education and experience in technology applications, systems, or networks
- Attention to detail, customer service, oral communication, and problem solving skills
- Experience installing and troubleshooting networked IT equipment, including hardware, software, and peripherals
- Experience monitoring and analyzing interactive IT and A/V systems such as display kiosks or other technology or media-based systems
- Experience supporting an IT Help Desk and providing desktop user assistance; and writing code or scripts to automate processes