|December 18, 2023
|San Antonio, Texas
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency
|Hourly or Salary?
Information Specialist, Open Science Libraries and Museums
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job ID: 11061
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Org Marketing Statement
The University of Texas at San Antonio, a Hispanic Serving Institution situated in a global city that has been a crossroads of peoples and cultures for centuries, values diversity and inclusion in all aspects of university life. As an institution expressly founded to advance the education of Mexican Americans and other underserved communities, our university is committed to promoting access for all. UTSA, a premier public research university, fosters academic excellence through a community of dialogue, discovery and innovation that embraces the uniqueness of each voice.
With more than 34,000 students, UTSA is the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region. UTSA advances knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement and public service. The university serves as a center for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual property—for Texas, the nation and the world.
Posting End Date: Applications will be accepted through 11:59 PM CDT on 1/2/2024. At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may close once a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
Salary Range: $60,000, with flexibility, commensurate with education, experience and qualifications.
Hours: up to 40 hours per week, exempt.
Required Application Materials:
- Resume and Cover Letter are required.
- Contact information for at least three professional references
Provide research and instruction services to students and faculty in STEM areas advancing student success and research excellence at UTSA with a focus on open science, reproducible research principles, measuring, and communicating research impact.
Develop and maintain strong faculty relationships in order to support the academic curriculum and facilitate meaningful use of the Libraries' information resources.
Leverage technical knowledge and skills to develop new areas of collaboration within the Libraries and with faculty. Initiate and/or coordinate library projects with university-wide impacts. Uses knowledge and skills to achieve institutional goals.
- Serves as an expert advisor and consultant to UTSA research community. Identifies and actively cultivates enduring partnerships with research enterprise, academic programs and key faculty at UTSA, aiming to facilitate meaningful use of information resources and tools in research, teaching and learning and to advance open science principles
- Develops, implements, and promotes education programming, focusing on educational efforts at UTSA; provides advice and assists faculty in integrating information resources into face-to-face, hybrid, and online courses; and develops associated digital content in a variety of formats.
- Plans, develops, and delivers subject-specific online and in-person instruction that supports positive course- and program-level student learning outcomes.
- Selects and evaluates materials in all formats to support areas of subject responsibility. Manages collection fund accounts for assigned areas.
- Partners with key UTSA Libraries areas to contribute to library-wide programming, strategic projects, and initiatives.
- Demonstrates UTSA core values: Integrity, Excellence, Inclusiveness, Respect, Collaboration and Innovation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- An MLS/MLIS degree from an ALA (American Library Association) accredited institution or an advanced degree in a STEM field.
- One year of experience providing teaching and instruction to university students or supporting the academic research enterprise.
- Two years' experience working in a collaborative, team-based, higher education environment,
- Two years' experience developing digital content and information resources that support students' academic success.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, build, cultivate, and sustain partnerships both with library colleagues and with faculty.
- Ability to create engaging learning experiences for students.
- Familiarity with information resources, tools, and trends in information/data sciences.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies in information and/or data science.
- Experience in creating educational/instructional digital content.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to set and adjust priorities, set goals, and make effective decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently with varied user groups in a complex organization and function collaboratively in a rapidly changing team environment. Demonstrated interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Experience in science or engineering education, research, or professional practices.
- Demonstrated familiarity with issues and trends in scholarly communication, open science, and FAIR data principles.
- Knowledge of or experience with bibliometric analysis methods, bibliometric data sources, and issues related to responsible research impact evaluation.
- Knowledge of systematic reviews.
- Knowledge of or experience with STEM data analysis tools such as MatLab, Python, R, Stata, SPSS, or qualitative research tools.
- Knowledge of or experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI.
- Knowledge of or experience with tools for collaborative research such as GitHub, electronic lab notebooks, data repositories, data sharing tools, and repositories.
- UTSA is a tobacco free campus.
- This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
- Applicants selected must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by time of hire.
- Valid driver's license and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Hybrid work environment
This position will require working both remotely in Texas and on campus (approximately five or more days on campus per month). Travel and parking expenses are the employee's responsibility. Applicants must be adaptable and open to working in both environments.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information, and veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. UTSA campuses are accessible to persons with disabilities.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://apptrkr.com/4859323
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.