|Published||September 7, 2023|
|Location||Alexandria, United States of America|
|Cover Letter Requirements||Required|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||$45,000|
|Maximum Compensation in Local Currency||$45,000|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
Job Type: Full Time
Remote Work: 100%
Location: United States and abroad (Interested parties who live outside the US are encouraged to contact IIPC to discuss their eligibility to apply for this position)
The International Internet Preservation Consortium (IIPC) is seeking a full-time administrative staff member to support the IIPC Senior Staff member and the Executive Board in the day-to-day management of the Consortium, and in the organization and delivery of events, including the annual Web Archive Conference and General Assembly. This position will also provide administrative support to the Steering Committee of the IIPC.
Established in 2003, IIPC is a membership organization dedicated to improving the tools, standards and best practices of web archiving while promoting international collaboration and the broad access and use of web archives for research and cultural heritage. Web archiving is the process of gathering up data that has been published on the World Wide Web, storing it, ensuring the data is preserved in an archive, and making the collected data available for future research. The WARC archival standard, the Heritrix crawler, and the WARC analytic tools are all products of IIPC working groups, projects and initiatives, and they make up the standard tools for archival web capture around the world.
Program and Communications Support
This position will involve a range of administrative support tasks that will support the overall program management and communications of the IIPC. The IIPC administrative staff member will:
- Manage the calendar of meetings for the Executive Board, Steering Committee and Portfolios of the IIPC.
- Arrange call details (for remote meetings) or liaise with hosts for meetings at IIPC member organizations.
- Work with Senior Staff and Executive Board, prepare agendas and documents for meetings, and circulate to attendees.
- Record minutes for Steering Committee meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Provide administrative support for Portfolios and Working Groups of IIPC as advised by Senior Staff Member, such as arranging call details for remote meetings and support for communications.
- Provide support for communications related to calls for funding proposals. Respond to member enquiries and collate bid documents submitted.
- Provide support to Senior Staff Member in monitoring project outputs.
- Provide support for Consortium membership including responding to member enquiries, escalating questions to Senior Staff Member as required, preparing and tracking membership invoices (with support of CLIR).
- Support for the communication channels of the IIPC, e.g. proofreading for blog posts and website content, updating member profiles on the IIPC website, monitoring the IIPC Twitter activity.
- Support Senior Staff Member in implementation of a communications plan.
The IIPC hosts a number of events for members and for a wider Web Archiving community, including webinars, workshops, and member calls as well as the annual General Assembly and Web Archiving Conference. This position will directly support and enable the successful coordination and running of virtual and in-person events. The IIPC administrative staff member will:
- Organize registration and promotion of events to members.
- Liaise with speakers to collect presentation material (e.g. slides and recordings) and prepare event information.
- Provide support during events as advised by Senior Staff Member. This may include acting as host for online events, and providing support for speakers (including organizing ‘dry runs’).
- Collect and present event feedback through surveys and reports.
- Prepare recordings of events for loading to the IIPC communication channels (e.g. YouTube).
- Chair events or lead question and answer sessions as needed.
- Manage the submission and registration for the annual Web Archive Conference, General Assembly and associated events. Answer enquiries relating to these events.
- Provide general administrative support for the Program Committee and Organizing Committee of the annual General Assembly and Web Archive Conference as advised by the Senior Staff Member. Serve on the Organizing Committee.
- Liaise with the Conference Host and Senior Staff Member to develop and coordinate a communications plan for the Conference and other IIPC events.
Applications should be submitted through the Paylocity platform: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/jobs/Apply/1935254
Applications should be submitted by September 26 2023. IIPC will proceed with interviewing soon after.
The IIPC is a member-led consortium of libraries, archives and research institutions across the world, with an interest and expertise in preserving information on the web. There will be opportunities to meet members and learn more about web archiving, research using the archived web, and digital preservation practices.
Some international travel will be necessary for the role to attend in-person meetings and events. Expenses for travel will be provided, e.g. standard class tickets and accommodation in conference hotels.
The post holder may sometimes be asked to work outside of core office hours, e.g. to support a call or an online event held with members in another time zone. Requests will be reasonable and agreement will be at the post holder’s discretion. Core office hours will be agreed upon in advance.
The position is fully remote. To ensure effective coordination and communication with the IIPC Senior Program Officer, 3+ hours of synchronous overlap with US Eastern time is desirable, but scheduling options are flexible.
The IIPC is an affiliate of the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR), which serves as its financial and administrative host. This position will be organizationally based at CLIR and will report to the IIPC Senior Staff Member. For US-based candidates, this full-time salaried position offers a generous benefits package, including health insurance, a 15% no-match contribution to a retirement plan, vacation and sick leave. IIPC will consider applicants based outside the US. Interested parties who live outside the US are encouraged to contact IIPC (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss their eligibility to apply for this position.
All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, gender or gender identity, race, ethnicity, physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, or political affiliation.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
- Strong ability to work effectively within a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to set and follow through on both individual and Consortium priorities
- A willingness to be flexible
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field earned by the date of appointment
The Administrative Officer will work on a daily basis with a range of technologies and systems. It is not necessary that candidates have prior experience with all tools on this list, but reviewers will give preference to candidates who can demonstrate experience with these or similar applications:
- Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Google (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Forms)
- Shared document storage and retrieval applications (Box, OneDrive or similar)
- WordPress (for blogging)
- WordPress (website content management)
- Video editing software
- Conference submission and registration platforms (e.g. ConfTool, EasyChair)
- Web-based conferencing (Zoom, or similar)
- Familiarity with library, archive, or museum collections and practices
- Knowledge of web archiving
- Experience of work within a research institution or library
To apply, follow these application requirements exactly.
— Upload a resume when prompted to "Apply with resume". Your resume should include evidence of how you meet the requirements listed in the job description.
— Upload a cover letter. The cover letter should explain why you are interested in applying and highlight relevant experience.
—Upload a PDF document responding to the following questions.
You can copy/paste the questions below into a new document, or click here to view as a Google Doc and download a copy for your use. The completed document should be uploaded into the online application system using the "Upload Additional Files" button at the bottom of the page.
— Do not include references or any other additional documents.