Head of Library Technology Services
|Published||March 9, 2023|
|Location||John M. Olin Library, St. Louis, Missouri|
|Cover Letter Requirements||Not Required|
|Education Requirements||Master's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||$70,300.00|
|Maximum Compensation in Local Currency||$120,000.00|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
Reporting to the Associate University Librarian for Digital Scholarship and Technology Services, the Head of Library Technology Services provides leadership and expertise in the selection, development, implementation, and management of library technologies, infrastructure, and technology services for Libraries staff and users of the Libraries. The incumbent directs a professional staff of DevOps engineers, application developers, end user support specialists, and other information professionals in the Library Technology Services department to develop, implement, and manage sustainable operations, infrastructure, and strategic initiatives in collaboration with Libraries staff and campus stakeholders in support of the Libraries’ technology priorities.
- Provide leadership, vision, and direction for the Library Technology Services (LTS) department: Lead the work of department staff, coordinate Libraries-wide work and programming, and facilitate organizational contributions of the department with visible leadership that promotes a culture of performance. Lead development of technology applications and information architecture. Initiate and lead the planning, implementation, and assessment of LTS services and activities in alignment with Library strategic directions.
- Works with Libraries administration, department Heads, and staff to evaluate, prioritize, and manage technology applications, infrastructure, and initiatives in the Libraries, including the alignment of technology resources, collections and access systems, and digital library infrastructure.
- Actively collaborate with Libraries staff to evaluate, explore, and implement new technology platforms and services to meet the needs of the University community and the Libraries’ mission.
- Acts as a liaison and point of contact on behalf of the Libraries with Washington University IT and other key campus partners for issues related to information technologies. Collaborates with relevant Libraries staff and campus partners on service models, partnerships, and technology-related opportunities that support the Washington University community and mission. Collaborate and manage relationships with campus-wide technology services and external vendors to ensure appropriate implementation and management of hardware and software infrastructures, security policies, and authentication/authorization procedures in the Libraries.
- Maintain awareness of national and international best practices and advances in information technology services, including applications, implementations, and frameworks. Represent the University and WashU Libraries nationally and internationally in professional associations and relevant forums for library technologies and higher education technology services. Perform other duties as assigned or as needed.
The full listing of required qualifications, responsibilities, benefits, and salary range are in the direct application link at https://wustl.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/External/job/Washington-University-Danforth-Campus/Head-of-Department-Library-Services---University-Libraries_JR73367-1/apply.