|Location||Los Alamos, NM|
|Date Posted||December 7, 2018|
Public or Governmental
Research Library Graduate Research Assistant in Los Alamos, New Mexico
What You Will Do
The LANL Research Library seeks a forward-looking information professional to proactively deliver support for the Research Library’s electronic products that support access to scientific institutional content as a Graduate Research Assistant.
We offer a creative setting in which information technologies and services are applied to scientific productivity; we aggressively pursue new ideas, services, products, and approaches to satisfy research needs.
This position requires a versatile individual who embraces change, works collaboratively, and has a strong customer service focus.
What You Need
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Experience with database driven web projects, using standard technologies such as XHTML, CSS, PHP, MySql.
- Experience with troubleshooting online systems & assisting end users with access.
- Experience working on team-based software development/implementation projects.
- Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing, for a wide range of audiences.
- Experience with library repository systems such as DSpace, Fedora.
- Familiarity with open source software.
- Familiarity with digital scholarship tools and trends.
- Ability to formulate and implement innovative approaches and solutions to problems
Education: Master's level degree (in process or completed within the last year) in library/information science, ALA-accredited preferred; or equivalent degree and experience.
Notes to Applicants: For consideration, submit a detailed cover letter with your resume addressing each minimum and desired requirement.
No Clearance: Position does not require a security clearance. Selected candidates will be subject to drug testing and other pre-employment background checks.
New-Employment Drug Test: The Laboratory requires successful applicants to complete a new-employment drug test and maintains a substance abuse policy that includes random drug testing.
For general program information refer to the Student Programs web page.
Los Alamos National Laboratory is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse and inclusive workforce. All employment practices are based on qualification and merit, without regards to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or spousal affiliation, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or citizenship within the limits imposed by federal laws and regulations. The Laboratory is also committed to making our workplace accessible to individuals with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, for individuals to participate in the application and hiring process. To request such an accommodation, please send an email to email@example.com or call 1-505-665-4444 option 1.
Where You Will Work
Located in northern New Mexico, Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is a multidisciplinary research institution engaged in strategic science on behalf of national security. LANL enhances national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns.
Instructions on How to Activate/Create a LANL Jobs Account:
Follow the instructions below if you have ever had an employee Z number, been a contractor, or received Los Alamos Lab insurance coverage to activate your account:
- Select the Click Here button if you have been employed with the Lab or received insurance coverage.
- Please enter only your first and last name and current email address (an email with your validation code will be sent to you) to activate the account currently in our system.
- Enter your validation code as described in the email you receive and complete the 3-page registration form. Your account is now active and you can apply for jobs or save to your basket. Important: Enter the validation code within 15 days to activate your account or your account will be deactivated.
Follow the instructions below if you if you have never been employed with the Lab or received insurance coverage to create an account:
- Select the Register button if you have never been employed with the Lab or received insurance coverage to Create an Account.
- From here, you will establish an account with username and password.
How to Apply: Login to Your Account to Complete the Application Process
- Click the Vacancy Name number (in blue) to view any job’s details.
- Click Apply or Add to Basket to apply later. Tip: To apply for a job or save to your basket, you must have a LANL jobs account.
If you experience any technical issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org assistance.
Location: Los Alamos, NM, US
Contact Name: Duran, Andria M
Organization Name: SRO-RL/Science Resource Office-Research Library
Job Title: Research Library Graduate Research Assistant
Appointment Type: GRA
Req ID: IRC69842