|Date Posted||July 3, 2018|
This position develops and oversees geospatial data applications for academic and research use by JHU students, staff, and faculty and contributes to the curation of geospatial data. The position provides technical expertise and leadership in developing systems that support the teaching and research work at the university, leading the technical and curation side of the provision of GIS services in the Data Services unit, administratively located in the Data Management Directorate. Serves the point of communication between service and technology.
Specific duties & responsibilities:
Curation and Applications Administration
- Design, configure, implement, and test applications and systems for geospatial data in an academic setting, tailored to our local environment at JHU
- Independently administer applications for work with geospatial data and continually seek ways to find efficiencies and provide effective end user experiences
- Co-administer the institutional instance of ArcGIS Online
- Implement and administer a local version of ArcGIS Enterprise
- Contribute to the development of spatial data infrastructure for preservation, access, and discovery of spatial data.
- Assess user needs to inform development of new applications, systems, and services.
- Communicate the system requirements and recommendations specific to geospatial applications to colleagues in the Digital Research and Curation Center and Library Applications Group.
Provision of Services
- Provide in-depth consultations to faculty, students, and staff related to the use GIS applications and geospatial data, particularly the technical and curation aspects
- Create authorization files; make software installer and authorization files for site-licensed suite of ArcGIS software available for download to the JHU community.
- Contribute to the staffing of the shared email service account
- Deliver instruction sessions on GIS and Geospatial Data through course-integrated instruction and open workshops
- Develop online tools for geospatial data users, such as LibGuides
- Participate in regular meetings and serve on committees, task forces, and working groups as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned
For the full description and to apply, please visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Geospatial-Data-Curator-&-Applications-Administrator-MD-21218/486542200/.