|Published||November 30, 2022|
|Cover Letter Requirements||Required|
|Education Requirements||Graduate degree in a relevant subject area|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||50,000|
|Maximum Compensation in Local Currency||60,000|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
The Experiential Learning Librarian provides experiential learning opportunities that positively impact the academic and professional success and retention of UTA’s diverse student population through ideation, experimentation, and creation in both formal and informal settings. The Experiential Learning Librarian will serve as an advocate and ally for justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion. Additionally, they serve as the liaison to an assigned campus department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborates with partners across campus to develop experiential learning curricula and programming that positively impact current and future students’ academic and professional success through ideation, experimentation, and creation. This includes providing instructional opportunities related to creative technologies.
• Provides project-based and experiential learning curriculum development support to faculty.
• Acts as subject liaison to an academic department(s). This includes providing information literacy instruction, student research consultations, and faculty research support.
• Supports the professional development of fellow library staff related to pedagogy that includes experiential and project-based learning, especially using creative technologies.
• Performs other duties assigned.
• Graduate degree in a relevant subject area
• Experience working with diverse student populations
• Experience teaching, training, and/or presenting
• Knowledge of experiential learning theory and practice, various teaching methodologies, and research related to pedagogy and learning
• Knowledge of current and emerging creative technologies related to making, digital media and art creation, robotics, drones, game and app development, virtual reality, and artificial intelligence
• Experience with the application of creative technologies in academic libraries
• Experience engaging undergraduate student populations with creative technologies
• Experience in curriculum design and teaching, including experiential and active learning strategies
• Experience providing professional development opportunities to other librarians and staff related to pedagogy and learning
• Experience with liaison librarian responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to innovatively use technology and evidence-based decision-making practices to develop and implement best practice for curriculum development that incorporates active and experiential learning for both online and in-person populations
• Ability to work collegially and collaboratively with people of diverse backgrounds
• Ability to foster a positive working environment and model the Libraries’ values through daily actions and behaviors
• Ability to develop and maintain a working, interactive, positive, and dynamic relationship with faculty, students, and staff in assigned disciplines and programs
• Advanced project planning and management skills
• Effective time management skills
• Advanced customer experience skills
• Ability to communicate effectively, including excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written skills
• Ability to pay attention to detail
• Ability to transfer and apply knowledge and experience to new situations
• Ability to analyze situations and make sound decisions
• Ability to excel in a “perpetual beta” environment, with frequent change and intelligent risk-taking
This position will include non-traditional work hours such as nights, weekends, and holidays depending on the university community’s needs. Flexibility is required to ensure the department is appropriately staffed to satisfy all service needs. Professional development, conferences, and training may require travel and overnight accommodations. Exposure to standard office conditions. Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation. Manual dexterity. Light lifting and moving. The library has various locations across campus. This is a non-tenure track position.
Our future colleague will also have an affinity for our Guiding Principles. These principles define HOW we do our work. These are our Guiding Principles exemplified through how we treat our colleagues:
We Care. We care about you, your success, your growth, your passions and all that you bring to the table.
We Empower. We empower our staff to be creative, think outside the box, work autonomously, and provide resources necessary for success.
We Take Ownership. We take ownership of our organizational culture and YOU take ownership of how our culture is shaped.
We Are Extraordinary. We are extraordinary because we attract and hire extraordinarily talented individuals like you!
APPLY NOW – We can’t wait to welcome you to our team.
Please submit applications at: https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/20782
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.