Discovery Systems Librarian (Assistant Librarian)
|Published||May 17, 2023|
|Location||5000 TAMU, College Station, Brazos|
|Cover Letter Requirements||Recommended|
|Education Requirements||Master’s degree in Library Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||54,090 annually|
|Maximum Compensation in Local Currency||54,090 annually|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
The Assistant Librarian will participate in the development and administration of the Libraries’ Discovery Technology portfolio through the planning, configuration, and operation of the Libraries’ Resource Discovery Layers and Library Service Platforms. The Discovery Systems Librarian will participate in the design, testing, deployment, and maintenance of discovery and inventory systems including Application Program Interfaces (APIs) from Library vendors. The selected candidate will also provide training and support for the University Libraries on the configuration of library systems and services through troubleshooting, data analytics, and system enhancements. Other duties will include providing service in the development and maintenance of reports from EDS, VuFind, FOLIO and other library databases using SQL, Access, etc. If the description sounds exciting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity to join our team.
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Library Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate with all levels of customers and employees
- Personal strengths as a team player, motivated by teamwork, customer service, professional drive, and eager to learn
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience with VuFind, EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS), Ex Libris SFX Link Resolve, EzProxy
- Experience with administering and configuring Discovery Systems
- Knowledge of OAI-PMH and other protocols for metadata harvesting
- Knowledge of SOLR, Elasticsearch and other enterprise search platforms
- Administration of Library Discovery Layer Systems: Participates in the development and administration of the Libraries’ Discovery Technology portfolio. Participates in the design, testing, deployment, and maintenance of discovery and inventory systems. Provides training and support for the University Libraries on the configuration of library systems and services. Manages off campus access to systems and reports through EzProxy. Provides support on library systems managed by Technology Services.
- Collaborations & Partnerships: Participates in departmental and interdepartmental meetings as a member of the Information Access, Discovery, & Stewardship unit. Collaborates with Digital Initiatives, TAMU Technology Services, Digital Collection Services, and other key stakeholders. Maintains excellent vendor relations for troubleshooting, functionality and system upgrades, and assessment of new projects. Provides backup for the Discovery Services Librarian.
- Assessment & Reporting: Provides service in the development and maintenance of reports from EDS, VuFind, FOLIO and other library databases. Participates in assessment activities.
- Contributions to the Profession: Participates in scholarly activities and professional service for professional development and to incorporate new ideas and technologies. Serves on campus and library committees as needed or requested and performs other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application. The deadline to submit applications is May 31, 2023.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.