Director, Rural Initiative, Office of the Under Secretary for Education
|Published||April 17, 2023|
|Location||Washington, DC, United States of America|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||$155,700|
|Maximum Compensation in Local Currency||$183,500|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
The Smithsonian Institution is the world’s largest museum, education, and research complex, with 21 museums and the National Zoo. This position is located in the Office of the Under Secretary for Education responsible for identifying opportunities for cultural, educational and enrichment programming, and research.
The Director, Rural Initiative directs the Rural Initiative activities and functions, leading a pan-institutional effort that incorporates units, departments and staff from across the Institution.
In this position, you will:
- Oversee the strategic direction and implementation of the Rural Initiative.
- Plan, organize, direct, supervise, and manage the personnel and activities of the initiative.
- Advise, consult, and collaborate on cross organizational programs and issues that relate to outreach and engagement in rural communities.
- Plan, direct, and is deeply engaged in fundraising initiatives to support Rural Initiative programs and operations.
Your application will be evaluated first for the basic qualifications described in the listing. The applications that meet the basic qualifications will be evaluated further against the following criteria:
- Skill in generating and developing new approaches and concepts and in planning, evaluating, and providing leadership to major, long-range programs designed to spur significant advances in rural engagement, programming and outreach.
- Ability to direct, plan, and evaluate personnel to enhance organizational operations and coordinate problem resolutions that involve several organizational entities.
- Mastery level expertise in team building and collaboration both with internal and external stakeholders.
- Expert knowledge of how to plan direct and engage in fundraising initiatives to support programming and operations.
You may preview questions for this vacancy.
The position is located in Washington, DC, and relocation expenses are authorized. This position is not a Remote job, but is Telework eligible as determined by the agency policy. The position requires occasional travel, both foreign and domestic, and requires periodic evening and weekend hours.
This position is Term and is not a Federal Position but has similar requirements and benefits. This position is open to all candidates eligible to work in the United States.