|Location||Clemson, South Carolina|
|Date Posted||October 4, 2021|
|Education Requirements||A bachelor's degree and relevant program experience|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||$50,833|
|Maximum Compensation in Local Currency||$65,000|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
|Pay Grade||Band 07|
Directs the Libraries' Digital Imaging Lab and supervises associated personnel, operations and workflows. Collaborates with stakeholders to set digitization priorities and timelines, focusing on Clemson collections. Oversees and performs complex repository ingest workflows and assists in collections discovery. Manages digitization equipment and software. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Digital Imaging Management (45%):
- Directs the Libraries' Digital Imaging Lab and directs the planning, operations, and conversion processes associated with digitizing materials. Oversees the handling and storage of analog materials during digitization process. Oversees creation of technical metadata. Manages quality control for in-house and outsourced digitization. Maintains knowledge of developments in digitization standards and practices. Supervises Digital Imaging Lab Manager and oversees temporary, part-time, and student employees.
- Planning and Collaboration (30%):
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to plan, coordinate, and execute digitization projects as part of the mission of Clemson Libraries, with a particular focus on supporting internal projects. Contributes to project planning discussions. Captures and shares data and reports on the use of digital collections and digitization output. Evaluates requirements of digitization projects and makes recommendations on prioritization, capture method, timeline, and needed resources.
- Equipment Management (15%):
- Maintains, configures, and calibrates digitization equipment and software. Establishes digitization workflows and protocols and maintains related documentation. Investigates and makes recommendations on new equipment purchases in keeping with best practices in the field.
- Repository Ingest and Discovery (10%):
- Oversees and performs complex repository ingest workflows and performs maintenance on existing collections. Assists in collections discovery through website updates. Manages the storage and organization of digital content and associated metadata on servers throughout the ingest lifecycle.
Standard Hours: 37.5, Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm
- Sit (stationary position) for prolonged time (75%)
- Use hands and/or feet to operate machinery, equipment (50%)
- Communicate, converse, give direction, express oneself (75%)
- Recognize and inspect visually (75%)
- Perceive, observe, clarity of vision (75%)
Apply through the Clemson Job Board here: https://cubshr.clemson.edu/psc/ps/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_EMP_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_SCHJOB_FL&Action=U
The deadline to apply for this position is Monday, November 1, 2021.
Clemson University Libraries seeks to best serve our community through creating an environment in which diverse ideas and perspectives come together to achieve common goals. We are committed to the practice of inclusion as it is essential to the continued success not only of Clemson University but of the library and information science profession. We embrace Clemson’s core values of integrity, honesty, and respect, and add to those the ideals of compassion, dignity, and historical awareness so that Clemson Libraries’ staff, collections, spaces, and services inform the interest, information, and enlightenment of all who we serve.
Clemson University is an AAO/EO employer and does not discriminate against any person or group on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information. Clemson University is building a culturally diverse faculty and staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and encourages applications from minorities and women.