|Location||Villanova, Pennsylvania, USA, Pennsylvania|
|Date Posted||November 9, 2018|
Villanova University’s Falvey Memorial Library seeks an enthusiastic, innovative, and collaborative professional to lead and grow a dynamic digital scholarship program on campus through partnerships that encourage the exploration and adoption of evolving modes of digital research and pedagogy. Reporting to the Associate Director of Research Services and Scholarly Engagement, the Digital Scholarship Librarian serves as the Library’s expert on established and emerging digital scholarship trends and tools. The successful candidate will also be responsible for outreach, information literacy instruction, research support, and collection development in assigned disciplines and programs.
- Leads the Library’s digital scholarship program. Works collaboratively to set directions, manage projects, and educate the Villanova community.
- Serves as the Library’s expert on established and emerging digital scholarship trends and tools, including but not limited to data visualization, text analysis and encoding, digital storytelling, data mining, online exhibits, digital asset management, geo-temporal visualizations, and mapping.
- Surveys and assesses community demand for digital scholarship services and programs.
- Guides and trains faculty, students, and staff in the selection of digital tools, resources, and methodologies.
- Collaborates with faculty on digital scholarship research and student digital project assignments.
- Nurtures and advances the full lifecycle of digital scholarship services from initial proposal and design to hosting, assessment, and preservation.
- Serves as liaison to one or more academic departments or programs.
- MLS or equivalent degree from an ALA-accredited institution, or an advanced degree in a relevant discipline.
- Knowledge of and interest in digital scholarship research needs, tools, and technologies.
- Experience in successfully managing digital projects.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement effective training modules/tools.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with members of a diverse community.
The successful candidate will be appointed to an appropriate Librarian rank depending on qualifications and experience.
Falvey Memorial Library is situated in the heart of campus and is central to academic life at Villanova University. Falvey, with a dedicated staff of approximately 50 FTE, is a friendly and exciting place to be that values work-life balance. The Library developed VuFind, an open-source ILS discovery layer, which is used by organizations world-wide, and was the university library recipient of the ACRL 2013 Excellence in Academic Libraries Award.
Villanova University is located on a beautiful 260-acre suburban campus close to Philadelphia and was founded in 1842 by the Order of Saint Augustine. Ranked among the nation’s top universities, Villanova supports its students’ intellectual growth and prepares them to become ethical leaders who create positive change everywhere life takes them.
Nominations and Applications:
To be considered, applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and list of three references with contact information via the Jobs at Villanova website: https://jobs.villanova.edu/hr/postings/15167
This position is subject to the University’s background check policy.
Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University’s mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University’s mission and values.