|January 26, 2024
|Cover Letter Requirements
|Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency
|$62,400 – $67,200
|Hourly or Salary?
We invite applications for a Digital Repository Metadata Specialist at Oregon State University Libraries and Press. This position is classified as a Faculty Research Assistant, which is an academic rank represented by OSU’s faculty union, UAOSU.
This position offers generous health and retirement benefits. We seek a candidate with strong metadata skills, an openness to learning, and a curiosity for developing their expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Minimum of three years of library, archives, special collections, museum, or data repository experience
- Demonstrated experience with applying defined metadata standards to digital objects
- Advanced proficiency in creating, editing, and troubleshooting metadata records in digital repository systems
- Experience locating and applying appropriate name and subject authorities
- Ability to work in a flexible and changing environment, including adapting to changes in priorities, responsibilities, and duties
- Demonstrated ability to clearly articulate ideas through written and oral communication
- Commitment to incorporating diversity and inclusion perspectives in daily work
The salary range is $62,400 – $67,200. Closing date is February 5, 2024.
To view full qualifications and apply, please visit:
Posting number P07695UF
OSU commits to inclusive excellence by advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ+ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
If you would like to learn more, direct your questions to Jane Nichols, Search Chair (email@example.com).