|at ( view profile)|
|Location||New York, New York|
|Date Posted||April 5, 2018|
The Columbia University Libraries seek a creative, service-oriented Digital Publishing Librarian to lead publishing services for its Digital Scholarship division. This new position reports to the Assistant Director of Scholarly Communication and Projects and is part of a newly-formed team that encompasses scholarly communication, digital humanities, and emerging technologies. The Digital Publishing Librarian occupies a key role, helping define, execute, and assess digital publishing partnerships with the Columbia community, including developers, library subject specialists, project managers, faculty, and students. The incumbent develops the processes and platforms that will underpin a robust library publishing program, developing partnerships, overseeing the successful onboarding and management of digital publications and journals, implementing community-developed best practices, and serving as a leader and peer in the library publishing community.
- MLS or PhD or other advanced degree in a related field.
- Understanding of current issues, trends, and new and emerging technologies in scholarly communication and online academic publishing.
- Knowledge of the academic research and publishing process.
- Evidence of involvement or emergent interest in professional and scholarly associations in librarianship or scholarly publishing.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and project management skills.
- Knowledge of publishing platforms used in library-based publishing programs.
- Knowledge of emerging and evolving scholarly publishing models.
- Experience supporting the development of new research support services in libraries or for scholars.
- Experience identifying appropriate funding opportunities and writing successful grant applications.
- Experience planning, developing, and promoting innovative outreach programs and services.
Apply online at: academicjobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=66175
As one of the world’s leading research universities, Columbia University in the City of New York provides outstanding opportunities to work and grow in a dynamic, multicultural, intellectual community. The Columbia University Libraries are comprised of a diverse and engaged staff committed to furthering the University’s teaching and research mission through innovation, collaboration, and a commitment to excellence.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strongly encourages individuals of all backgrounds and cultures to consider this position.
We offer a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.