|Location||2450 N. Meridian St., Indiana|
|Date Posted||May 18, 2021|
Public or Governmental
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||55,723.20|
|Maximum Compensation in Local Currency||67,000|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
- Title: Manager, Digital Projects
- Location: Collection Management at the Library Services Center
- Hours: 40 per week
- Schedule: Weekdays
- Starting Hourly Rate: $26.79-$33.49
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Submission Deadline: May 27, 2021 at 11:59 pm. Please apply online at www.indypl.org. Candidates will be updated on their status via email, please no phone inquiries.
A successful candidate will…
- Master’s Degree
- Indiana Librarian Certification 2 – Branch or Department Head
- Three to five years of experience
- Able to work the normally scheduled work time for this position.
- Able to cope with daily job-related stress.
What does the job look like?
The Manager, Digital Projects is responsible for planning, directing and implementing projects for digitizing describing, preserving and providing free public access on the web to historical materials about Indianapolis and Marion County that are held by the library and other organizations. The manager engages in outreach activities to recruit/identify prospective partners; develops collaborative partnerships with local organizations to implement digitization collections. The manager works with the IndyPL Foundation and library financial management to seek and manage finding for digitalization projects, writing grants and grant reports in collaboration with the Library Foundation. The manager oversees ingests into Indiana Memory, Digital Public Library of America, InDIPess digital preservation network and the Digital Encyclopedia of Indianapolis. The manager works with vendors, library partners, and internal IndyPL departments for management of the digital collections website, metadata creation, archival storage, copyright management and delivery/handling of materials during the digitization workflow.
- Develops and promotes the Library’s digital collections by seeking out, identifying and building relationships with potential members
- In collaboration with members and the Library Foundation, researches and applies for funding, tracks and creates detailed expenses report and project reports for funders.
- Evaluates and describes potential collections to forecast funding costs and advises potential collection owner on organization, identification and preservation of materials in their collections.
- Plans and manages the Library’s digital collection owners, Partner Institutions, and library staff. Coordinates system-wide collaboration and procedures with proven methods of project management for the ongoing identification, organization, borrowing and processing of digitization projects, including workflow, departmental and staff assignments, and timelines.
- Works with library IT, Partner Institutions and vendors to develop and implement content strategy, information architecture, content storage, user experience design and testing, and daily management of the Library’s digital collection repository.
- Manages workflow and work assignments for assigned personnel to ensure prompt and accurate digitization of collections.
- Recruits and manages an efficient team of digital projects staff members as grant and project funds allow.
- Stays apprised of current trends, issues and practices in digital library management, project management, website management, and collaboration with institutional partners and collection owners.
What’s In It for You?
We offer our employees a robust compensation package! Our comprehensive benefits include: medical, dental and vision insurance coverage; 100% company-paid long term disability, and low rates on group life coverage, and a Library paid pension plan. The Library proudly promotes from within as part of a strong commitment to providing career growth opportunities for employees of all levels. Interested in working for the Library, but this job doesn’t seem like the right fit? Don’t worry! We hire for a variety of different positions. Check out the jobs page on our website to see a few of the positions we hire for frequently. And watch our Current Openings page regularly so you don’t miss any opportunities! We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.