|Published||November 4, 2022|
|Location||Clemson, South Carolina|
|Cover Letter Requirements||Required|
|Education Requirements||A Bachelor's degree and relevant program experience|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||$43,030.00|
|Maximum Compensation in Local Currency||$50,000.00|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
Serves as Digital Lab Manager to provide oversight for the day-to-day activities of the digitization lab for Clemson Libraries. Reporting to the Director of Digitization, the Digital Lab Manager maintains the lab space and equipment, ensures the proper execution of imaging workflows, oversees student employees, and performs quality control on images, as well as other duties as assigned. Collaborates with the Director of Digitization in coordinating departmental developments, and is the first point of contact for lab issues. Performs duties as assigned.
Digital Imaging Lab Management (40%):
- Maintains day-to-day project workflow for the digitization lab.
- Tracks projects through the digitization process.
- Serves as the initial contact for troubleshooting hardware, software, and workflow issues.
- Participates in staffing digitization lab and supervising student workers.
- Contributes to the improvement of workflows, identifying areas for increased efficiency and/or automation.
- Installs and updates software and operating systems for digitization lab computers.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations for software, hardware, and other equipment for the digitization lab.
- Alongside the Director of Digitization, reconfigure the digitization lab space and imaging equipment as needed.
- Contributes to documentation of lab practices and procedures.
- Stays abreast of digitization lab equipment and software and maintains lab cleanliness.
Quality control and reporting (30%):
- Performs quality control on project outputs, reviewing the work of others to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Ensures lab outputs meets current lab standards.
- Records and reports lab production data.
Material Management and Training (20%):
- Transports materials via university vehicle.
- Helps prepare incoming projects for digitization as needed.
- Contributes to and maintains records of partner materials held by digitization lab.
- Works with other library units on transfer and use of materials for projects.
- Trains student workers in the digitization process, use of
equipment, and departmental process.
- Trains staff in the operation of equipment and its applications when needed.
Compliance and Safety (10%):
- Complies with University, State, and Federal requirements.
- Maintains a safe and secure environment.
- Participates in staff development programs.
MILITARY AND VETERAN:
Clemson University is proud to allow educational equivalency for military technical certifications and trainings that directly relate to the job duties.
South Carolina is making our Veterans a priority for employment in state agencies and institutions.
State policy for veteran preference states that for qualifying, full-time permanent positions, a veteran applicant may receive preference if they meet the job's minimum qualifications, were discharged under honorable conditions from the military, and submit their DD-214 for confidential review by the Office of Human Resources.
To claim Veteran Preference for qualifying positions, email email@example.com upon submission of your application.
Clemson University is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against any person or group on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information. Clemson University is building a culturally diverse faculty and staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and encourages applications from minorities and women.