|Date Posted||October 31, 2017|
University of Idaho
Digital Initiatives Librarian
Division/College: General Library (Div)
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: $47,000 - $52,873
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The University of Idaho Library seeks an innovative, flexible, and highly collaborative librarian who will help promote, develop, and maintain the digital services and projects of the library and the relationships that make these services and projects possible. Reporting to the Dean, this position will work within the Data and Digital Services (DDS ) department and closely collaborate with other library units such as Special Collections and Archives and User and Research Services. This position will work with the Head of DDS to oversee the day-to-day operations of the digital initiatives laboratory and will work closely with members of the DDS department to maintain and monitor the functionality of the libraries many online representations, including the library website, digital collections, and VIVO application.
The successful candidate should be comfortable communicating the importance and uses of the various platforms and applications to a variety of partners, collaborators, and users. The ideal candidate will have an excellent attention for detail and a capacity to learn new skills and technologies, but need not be proficient in programming or systems. We are looking for someone who will take pride in the library's innovative digital products and services, and who has the oral and written communication skills to express the importance of these assets to both the university community and communities outside the university.
- Master’s degree from an ALA -accredited library program or the equivalent.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to explain and promote digital products and services to people with varied levels of technical understanding.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to learn new technologies associated with digital scholarship and/or digital library work.
- Ability to manage collaborative data projects from beginning to end.
- Ability to work effectively, independently, and collaboratively in a collegial environment.
- Ability to meet requirements for promotion and/or tenure.
- Experience with digitization of archival material.
- Experience with the use of metadata and metadata standards to describe digital collection materials.
- Demonstration of creativity or innovation in library services.
- Evidence of scholarly engagement in the field of library or information sciences.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: F000623P
Posting Date: 10/16/2017
Closing Date: 11/28/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1110556
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.