Digital Imaging Technician, Smithsonian Libraries and Archives
|Published||May 15, 2023|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||$53,105|
|Maximum Compensation in Local Currency||$69,035|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
|Pay Grade||IS-07 (promotion potential to IS-08)|
The Smithsonian Institution is the world’s largest museum, education, and research complex, with 21 museums and the National Zoo. This position is located in The Smithsonian Libraries and Archives (SLA). SLA provides authoritative information and innovative services for Smithsonian Institution researchers and curators, as well as scholars and the public worldwide, to further their quest for knowledge.
The Digital Imaging Technician will provide support to the SLA's digitization program in analog collection management, materials acquisition, curation of digital assets, and similar activities.
- Operates and maintains a variety of imaging equipment and associated computer hardware and software to digitize library material.
- Reviews and applies descriptive metadata, and coordinates with supervisor to fix errors discovered.
- Provides coordination support for agile prioritization of collection materials and fulfillment of user requests.
Your application will be evaluated first for the basic qualifications. The applications that meet the basic qualifications will be evaluated further against the following criteria:
- Knowledge of digital imaging hardware and software sufficient to solve basic technical problems.
- Ability to work with different teams and or groups, provide information or assistance effectively communicating, to satisfy a goal.
- Knowledge of basic library and archival cataloging standards in order to identify potential errors in the records.
- Ability to be thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Knowledge of library and archival digitization workflows and prioritization methods.
You may preview questions for this vacancy.
SLA has two Digital Imaging Technician vacancies based in Washington, DC. Both vacancies are telework eligible, but are not remote jobs.
These two vacancies are Term positions, Full Time, NTE (not to exceed) 2 years.
These vacancies are not Federal Positions, but have similar requirements and benefits. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO ALL CANDIDATES ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES.
Previously two separate entities, the Smithsonian Libraries and the Smithsonian Institution Archives, we are currently working together to integrate our operations as we further evolve into one unified Smithsonian Libraries and Archives.