|Published||August 7, 2023|
|Location||Ann Arbor, Michigan|
|Cover Letter Requirements||Recommended|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||$71,000.00|
|Maximum Compensation in Local Currency||$85,000.00|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
HathiTrust is a partnership of academic and research institutions, offering a collection of millions of titles digitized from libraries around the world. We are administratively based in the University of Michigan Library, and our staff are employees of the University. We are looking for an engineer to help improve our automated workflows for developing, testing, deploying, and monitoring our applications. You will work as part of our developer team to build infrastructure for a broad array of applications. You will report to the HathiTrust Enterprise Technology Team Lead. Much of our code is publicly available on GitHub.
This position is flexible and offers remote, hybrid or on-site work options. International and multi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
What You'll Do
- Develop workflows for continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) using tools such as GitHub Actions and ArgoCD.
- Work with developers to migrate applications to Kubernetes-based hosting.
- Work with developers to implement and interpret automated monitoring for HathiTrust applications.
- Investigate and apply automated tools to help improve code security and quality.
- Stay up to date with new developments in devops and cloud-native computing and apply them to our infrastructure.
Why Work at Michigan?
The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous time off (24 vacation days per year, and 15 sick days per year)
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions with immediate vesting
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Life insurance, long-term disability coverage, and more
- 3+ years experience developing, testing, deploying, and maintaining production applications
- Experience developing continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) workflows
- Experience deploying applications in Kubernetes
- Experience working with monitoring, logging, and alerting tools such as Prometheus, Loki, and Grafana.
- Familiarity with information security best practices
- Understanding of the value of diversity and the importance of inclusion expressed through a commitment to apply and incorporate the differences, complexities, and opportunities that diversity brings to an organization.